Which McKenzie 3D Targets for ASA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which McKenzie 3D Targets for ASA?

Question about ASA Tournaments and McKenzie targets.

If you look at the McKenzie product line, you have several categories/series:

HD
    XT
    Natra-Look
    Safari
    Exotic
    Rascals etc

Out of the various series, which are considered to be ASA prospects? Seems I've run in to quite a few different models/series out on the ranges. Are they all legitimate targets? Does it vary from the club level to the state/qualifier level? Meaning do clubs have to use certain models for qualifier and state level shoots? Or, is it anything goes?

Thanks

If you go to the ASA website there is a list of the 20 targets used for 2011

Comment

MOst clubs try to have the same targets available that you would see at a national shoot such as the one in Paris. That means, not many safari, no rock rascals, only one exotic(axis deer) and the majority are the HD with the inserts. Like Javi said, look at the list of targets on the ASA site, and you can tell which series and animals you will be seeing.

Comment

Carl Hady at McKenzie told me that the targets for the Paris Pro AM will be the XT Targets. Collin County bought one of the ranges and I asked him when we made the purchase and that is what he said.

Wayne

Comment

Here you go.... http://asaarchery.com/news/index.php...&id=9&Itemid=2

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            MOst clubs try to have the same targets available that you would see at a national shoot such as the one in Paris. That means, not many safari, no rock rascals, only one exotic(axis deer) and the majority are the HD with the inserts. Like Javi said, look at the list of targets on the ASA site, and you can tell which series and animals you will be seeing.
            Actually there are several "exotics" or african animals used in ASA

Comment

Thanks Javi!

Comment

Variety is good as long as they have universal scoring. I would like to see more variety

Comment

Like a Texas Diamondback at 40 yards? Ouch...

Comment

Unless the rule changed at the state level the only time McKenzie Targets are required is at the State Championship. They are suggested at the qualifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
                      Variety is good as long as they have universal scoring. I would like to see more variety
                      By this I meant that McKenzie make lots of cool animals and I would like to see more different ones at shoots besides the the (official) ASA group. I just wish they would go with Universal scoring on all targets so the clubs could use any of them , Regardless of sanctioning body.

Comment

While I realize it isn't always possible, I'd like to see more clubs obtain and use the official targets. Doing so would certainly be a plus for those who intend to shoot the ASA Pro/Ams..

Comment

We at Collin County just bought one of the ranges from the Pro-Am, so we are going to change over as fast as we can to McKenzie targets, but we will still have to shoot a few of our Rhinehart targets this year at least.

Wayne

Comment

Working...
                          X