Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone shoot the New Diana Tourney this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone shoot the New Diana Tourney this weekend?

hi all,

just wondering if anyone else shot the small tourney outside of New Diana on saturday??

I enjoyed the shoot, but was wondering if anyone else shot it and if they had any problems with distances over alotted maximum range?

never heard of it. how long were the shots?

Comment

had 1 shot at 54 yards and another at 52 (checked with rangefinder by some other shooters as well as stepped off after trying for it)..... was supposed to be a 50 yard max

i got lucky on the 54 yard target bc i shot for the high 12, which allowed for me to just barely get on the target

Comment

wow!! is this a sanctioned club or just a place to shoot? also what was the rule format they were using? sounds like the good ole IBO days when they could stretch them out pretty good!!

Comment

ASA rules...... was not sanctioned, but the guy that has this set up is trying to put together a sanctioned shoot

we still had alot of fun despite this happening

Comment

Maybe he shot in the tourney and just "eyeballed" it. i know many times we have went a couple over the max, but couldn't use a RF cuz we were going to shoot in it. wouldn't be fair if the guy set the course with a RF and then allowed to shoot.

Comment

ASA has a 50yd max on the white stake but I think that there is a plus or minus 3% leeway. Arrowsmith can tell you for sure.

Comment

Wish they would have advertised better. I'm less than an hour from there and would have gone

Comment

Originally posted by HOYTPRO2001 View Post
                  ASA has a 50yd max on the white stake but I think that there is a plus or minus 3% leeway. Arrowsmith can tell you for sure.
                  Actually at state level the white stake is 45 max and yes there is a 3% leadway

Comment

yeah this shoot wasnt advertised very well...... there will be another one at the same place using a different course on March 12th..... I will try to post more info closer to the date of the shoot

Comment

Did East Texas Archery in New Dianna put this on?

Comment

i think it was someone local that advertised through them

Comment

Shaine Nixon host this shoot. You can contact him at 903-399-8450.

Comment

Working...
                          X