ASA Class Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASA Class Question

from what i gather, hunter is a higher class than open c. is this correct and if so, if you win out of hunter then you must move to open b or unlimited

I think u can still go to open c cause it's the start of the open classes

Comment

ok thanks,maybe Mike will weigh in on this if not I will talk to him at a qualifier

Comment

Originally posted by StringStretcher View Post
        from what i gather, hunter is a higher class than open c. is this correct and if so, if you win out of hunter then you must move to open b or unlimited
        Actually they are considered even as you can move to Open C if you shoot out of Hunter. You are moving from a pin class to Open.

Or

You can move into Hunter if you shoot out of Open C.

Both are 40 yard max classes

Here is the rule:

Men'sOpenC 40 yards, 280 FPS
        This class is reserved for participants who shoot at the novice level in the open equipment class in their state, or that won less than $300.00 in prize money in their most recent year of ASA Pro/Am competition in any class that competes at 40 yards or less. At any point during the season that a competitor in Open C earns more than $300.00 they are required to compete in their choice of Open B, Hunter, Limited or other higher class for the remainder of the season. No Shooter of the Year will be awarded in this class.

Comment

so the rule is saying that if you win $300 in hunter class at an ASA Pro/Am then you can not shoot open c or am I reading it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by StringStretcher View Post
            so the rule is saying that if you win $300 in hunter class at an ASA Pro/Am then you can not shoot open c or am I reading it wrong
            No , which ever class you pick_ If you win $300 at PRO/AM you will be moved out. State money does not count. State level _Open C is a win your way out class. If you want to compete for SOY in a region then OPEN C is not what you want to shoot. There is no award for Open C or BOW NOVICE since you can win out of them by winning a couple of shoots.

Comment

Working...
            X