No announcement yet.

Texas ASA Federation Qualifier Shoot Navasot Archery Club Feb 19-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how the Men's Hunter Class scores ended up?
    Thanks
    Danny Gomez
    Hey Danny, you ended up 1st with a 293, I got 2nd with a 292 and I think a guy from Banana Bend area got 3rd with a low to mid 280's score. Don't know about the rest of the field. We shot yesterday and the wind was bad from start to finish. Anyways congrats to you my brother and we'll see you on the trail..lates

Ray Cedillo

Comment

Originally posted by poco bueno View Post
      Hey Danny, you ended up 1st with a 293, I got 2nd with a 292 and I think a guy from Banana Bend area got 3rd with a low to mid 280's score. Don't know about the rest of the field. We shot yesterday and the wind was bad from start to finish. Anyways congrats to you my brother and we'll see you on the trail..lates

Ray Cedillo
      Ray

Great shooting considering the conditions...Will you be at Banana Bend? Would be nice to shoot with ya at some of the south region shoots. Let me know and again thanks!
      Danny Gomez

Comment

Hey Danny, this whole ASA thing is new to me brother. All I've shot is our local Tejas Bowman shoots in Corpus. Presley(conucu) and I had a blast at this shoot and we'd like to make as many south region shoots as we can. I do plan on shooting Banana Bend on Sunday the 13th, If you can make it that day; lets shoot!

Thanks,
        Ray Cedillo

Comment

Hey Danny, this whole ASA thing is new to me brother. All I've shot is our local Tejas Bowman shoots in Corpus. Presley(conucu) and I had a blast at this shoot and we'd like to make as many south region shoots as we can. I do plan on shooting Banana Bend on Sunday the 13th, If you can make it that day; lets shoot!

Thanks,
          Ray Cedillo
          Ray,
          I should be at Banana Bend on that Sunday, I will send you a message before hand so we can get together. I think you guys will really like the ASA game once you get used to it. In all honesty you will probably see a huge difference in quality of tournament at Banana Bend. Navasot is simply not at a level to host these qualifiers. Just my opinion but, I think they need to invest in 20-30 McKenzie targets that have the proper scoring rings in place,and learn how to make better use of their great property. They could also really use a better practice range, and a little more help from club volunteers.

I would love to see Tejas become an ASA club. That place can be really tricky to shoot,and you know that coastal wind is always a handful.

Comment

Originally posted by ecostar View Post
            Ray,
            I should be at Banana Bend on that Sunday, I will send you a message before hand so we can get together. I think you guys will really like the ASA game once you get used to it. In all honesty you will probably see a huge difference in quality of tournament at Banana Bend. Navasot is simply not at a level to host these qualifiers. Just my opinion but, I think they need to invest in 20-30 McKenzie targets that have the proper scoring rings in place,and learn how to make better use of their great property. They could also really use a better practice range, and a little more help from club volunteers.

I would love to see Tejas become an ASA club. That place can be really tricky to shoot,and you know that coastal wind is always a handful.

x2 i agree

Comment

Danny, that sound good to me!!

As for Tejas hosting a shoot....

Yeah, its something I wanted to bring up to the Tejas board members. Most of our targets are all new with 28-30 of them having avaliable 14 rings. For those of you that have been to a Tejas shoot; you know we can put one on. This past Saturday we had our 1st 3D shoot of the year and I'm pretty sure we had well over 60 shooters. My question would be how many would drive down here for an ASA Qualifer? What I'm saying is around here I can only think of about 5-6 shooters that would possibly consider shooting the Texas ASA trail. So if we dont draw the ASA out of town crowd it will be a bust. I may consider starting a poll before bringing it up to the board members to see how many people would consider making a Tejas ASA Qualifier shoot. Thanks for the interest guys.

Ray Cedillo

Comment

Danny, that sound good to me!!

As for Tejas hosting a shoot....

Yeah, its something I wanted to bring up to the Tejas board members. Most of our targets are all new with 28-30 of them having avaliable 14 rings. For those of you that have been to a Tejas shoot; you know we can put one on. This past Saturday we had our 1st 3D shoot of the year and I'm pretty sure we had well over 60 shooters. My question would be how many would drive down here for an ASA Qualifer? What I'm saying is around here I can only think of about 5-6 shooters that would possibly consider shooting the Texas ASA trail. So if we dont draw the ASA out of town crowd it will be a bust. I may consider starting a poll before bringing it up to the board members to see how many people would consider making a Tejas ASA Qualifier shoot. Thanks for the interest guys.

Ray Cedillo
                IMO,
                The best way to bring this up to the board would be to suggest having this shoot on a regular club shoot date. With 60 people at a normal club shoot and the theoretical 10-30 shooters that would travel, from outside areas. I think that it could be great for the club. Also, I think it would be great to run the club shoots in the same fashion as the qualifiers. I think it would promote not only the Texas ASA but Tejas as a club that is serious about having challenging and fun courses, within a well known and proven formula. Tejas could be just the beginning

Comment

i feel that you would have a good showing, there are lots of folks that will make the drive and its not that bad, for the past several years we shot all the north shoots and most were at least 4 hrs one way and we sure werent the only ones doing it. i know there are several from your neck of the woods and they make the southern shoots as well. its not that far down there from the houston area, and the boys from brazos and banna bend would show up as well in my opinion.

danny is right have it on a reg club shoot weekend and for the club to use the same fashion as qualifiers

Comment

IMHO you have nothing to loose hosting an ASA shoot, if you only draw a few outside shooters, its a few more than you would have. 13 dollars of sign up money goes to the club, on average that's more than we make on a regular shoot.

Comment

We would like to get some clubs on board in the Corpus Christi/Victoria area as well as deep south Texas. We have never had the manpower in those areas to get out and promote ASA. The Texas ASA Federation started in north Texas and has slowly grown from there. We are getting more area reps on board to help us promote and run shoots in other parts of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                        We would like to get some clubs on board in the Corpus Christi/Victoria area as well as deep south Texas. We have never had the manpower in those areas to get out and promote ASA. The Texas ASA Federation started in north Texas and has slowly grown from there. We are getting more area reps on board to help us promote and run shoots in other parts of the state.
                        Hey Arrowsmith, as I stated before we host some really nice shoots. All of our 3D shoots and field shoots are done at Tejas Bowman Archery Club with average attendents of 40-50 shooters a day. The facility consist of two big pastures with a nice club house, electricity, water, full bathrooms, full picnic area, bbq pit and lots of shade. I will bring this up for next years schedule cause I think this year is pretty much set in stone. We would love to see an ASA shoot come to Corpus since this year our closest shoot is 3 hours away in Canyon Lake. Here's the link to the Tejas website; feel free to look around.

Again thanks for the supportive info guys.

Ray Cedillo
                        Last edited by Poco; 02-22-2011, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Mike made a serious understatement there - the north has not slowly grown. it has exploded and grown faster than any other area of the country. Mike has the awards to prove it, too.

When Brazos County started the qualifiers, we hosted maybe 10 shooters for the weekend. Yup - 10 in 2008 and 12 in 2009, and all but 2 of those shooters were from our club. But we stuck with it, knowing it was going to grow. In 2010 we had 40 shooters. I'm expecting around 75-100 this year.

Yup, ASA is growing in Texas.

Comment

True,
                            Without people Like Mike and Tracy Smith, Traci Sadler, and Jimmy Mitchell just to name a few. The ASA would be just an after thought here in Texas. Now, its the main format of shooting and the bar of which most clubs are measured. We can keep it going for sure. Just keep shooting and supporting Texas ASA Fed and everything else will slowly fall into place.

Comment

Poco Bueno and I have been talking up the competative side of 3D shooting to our club members. More specifically we plan to shoot the ASA trail this year.
                              We do have a nice club with very nice animals (over 60) and a course that would surprise most people. We have a property that has large trees and creek bottoms that are not affected by our coastal winds or we can set up in open areas that will move your arrow 12" in a 40yd shot.
                              Arrowsmith, give me a call and we can discuss. I am the Vice Pres. of the club and would be happy to discuss with the members the opportunities of putting on an ASA event in Corpus Christi. Again, we had 63 shooters on Saturday and that is usually an average until around August/September. We would certainly also like to invite anyone to come out and shoot at one of our 3D shoots.
                              Presley Hartman 361-290-9961

Comment

Originally posted by conucu View Post
                                Poco Bueno and I have been talking up the competative side of 3D shooting to our club members. More specifically we plan to shoot the ASA trail this year.
                                We do have a nice club with very nice animals (over 60) and a course that would surprise most people. We have a property that has large trees and creek bottoms that are not affected by our coastal winds or we can set up in open areas that will move your arrow 12" in a 40yd shot.
                                Arrowsmith, give me a call and we can discuss. I am the Vice Pres. of the club and would be happy to discuss with the members the opportunities of putting on an ASA event in Corpus Christi. Again, we had 63 shooters on Saturday and that is usually an average until around August/September. We would certainly also like to invite anyone to come out and shoot at one of our 3D shoots.
                                Presley Hartman 361-290-9961
                                I will give you a shout Presley.

Comment

Working...
                                X