Archer's For Christ Shoot, Sat., 12 Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archer's For Christ Shoot, Sat., 12 Feb

I don't know about y'all but I'm about ready to get out of the house and kill some McKenzie foam. AFC will have another 30 target 3D shoot this Saturday morning, shotgun start at 11am. Same entry fee as always, $10. for members and $15. for non-members. Our range is about 3 miles northwest of loop 286 in Paris, TX, and if you need some directions you can go to our website (http://www.archersforchristparis.com). Snacks, drinks, long distance shoot, great fun. Sounds like the weatherman will cooperate this weekend, sunshine and temps in the low 50s. Wear your rubber boots, it'll probably be muddy. Hope to see y'all there.

had to work the last 2 shoots we had, looks like this weekend will be no different. to bad we dont shoot on sunday

Comment

I'm planning on being there. Hopefully Steve will have my tips in Tuesday for my Apex 7 so I can shoot in the Open Class but if not, I will bring my Reezen and shoot in the Hunter Class. Also, I know some people are getting ready for the ASA event at the Civic Center but, do you think we can come up with a novelty shoot after that? Maybe shoot the running deer, shoot at a target thorough a tire, and some other crazy shots like that just for fun?

Comment

I will try to be there

Comment

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post
          I'm planning on being there. Hopefully Steve will have my tips in Tuesday for my Apex 7 so I can shoot in the Open Class but if not, I will bring my Reezen and shoot in the Hunter Class. Also, I know some people are getting ready for the ASA event at the Civic Center but, do you think we can come up with a novelty shoot after that? Maybe shoot the running deer, shoot at a target thorough a tire, and some other crazy shots like that just for fun?
          Let me check with Daniel and maybe we can work the Run'n Deer in this Saturday. We'll probably shoot the same set-up as last time but we plan on moving the course to a different area for the 12 March shoot. As far as novelty targets, we still have the long distance elk shot after everybody finishes the course. It's 86yds with different pots for open and fixed sights. $5.00 will get you 3 shots and it's a 80 -20 payout for winners. We're still working on the rules and how best to do this. Glad you plan on shoot'n with us Saturday.

Comment

Dang.... I have to get our range in shape this weekend. I WILL make some shoots this year.

Comment

Is the elk always 86 yards? Also, I will call some of those Delta County folks and get them to come Saturday. Paul, do you remember that shoot they had for the Cowboy Church at the guys house in Lone Oak that Steve helped sponsor?

Comment

Is the elk always 86 yards? Also, I will call some of those Delta County folks and get them to come Saturday. Paul, do you remember that shoot they had for the Cowboy Church at the guys house in Lone Oak that Steve helped sponsor?
                As of right now the long distance shoot is still 86 yards for fixed and open sights. However, it's still early and that's something we've been discussing at the meetings. We'll talk about it again at the shoot. To be honest, 86yds is not a problem for our open class shooters. First shooter up last Saturday nailed it with his second arrow.
                Yeah, I remember the Cowboy Church shoot a couple of years ago at Lone Oak (had a blast) but don't know if they're plann'n on another this yr. Storyteller USA might have the names of those guys that put that shoot on.

Comment

I would think that if you know its 86 yards everytime you could definetly set ur bow up to shoot it if you had fixed sights and would have an advantage. Might try mixing it up between the shoots give or take 15 yards. I'm only AFC member so it's just a suggestion.

I used to work with them guys in Commerce and I talked to the guy that owned the house this past Sat. He said that they were getting ready and were planning on having shoots once a month. He said he would let me know when they get it together.

Comment

I would think that if you know its 86 yards everytime you could definetly set ur bow up to shoot it if you had fixed sights and would have an advantage. Might try mixing it up between the shoots give or take 15 yards. I'm only AFC member so it's just a suggestion.

I used to work with them guys in Commerce and I talked to the guy that owned the house this past Sat. He said that they were getting ready and were planning on having shoots once a month. He said he would let me know when they get it together.
                    Sounds good, keep us informed about shoot in Commerce. As far moving our shooting stake for long distance shot, that's an option we are definitely thinking about. Will discuss Saturday.

Comment

I'm hoping i'll be able to head up the this weekend. Had a blast last time. And also getting a case of cabin fever spent the last 2 weekends inside sick from nasty spider bite. Looking forward to getting outdoors & enjoy warm weather for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt043768 View Post
                        I'm hoping i'll be able to head up the this weekend. Had a blast last time. And also getting a case of cabin fever spent the last 2 weekends inside sick from nasty spider bite. Looking forward to getting outdoors & enjoy warm weather for a change.
                        Glad you're gonna shoot with us, Matt. Looking forward to meet'n you.

Comment

Paul,did Lynn get our SOY Plaques finished,have not seen anyone since 1st shoot,man I hate working saturdays

Comment

Originally posted by StringStretcher View Post
                            Paul,did Lynn get our SOY Plaques finished,have not seen anyone since 1st shoot,man I hate working saturdays
                            Haven't heard a thing about SOY for 2010. I'll ask Mark this Sat and get back with you.

Comment

they have the 2010 SOY posted on AFC web site

Comment

Working...
                              X