Archery Club of Young County's Feb. Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery Club of Young County's Feb. Shoot

Archery Club of Young County has a shoot coming up next weekend (Feb. 12/13). Any of you guys that want to come and join us are more than welcome!

We will probably be have our registration start @ around 9am. Non-members fee: $15 & members fee: $7.50. We prefer that all bows be shooting no more than 288 fps. There will be no drinking and no smoking on the property. Common courtesy and cleanliness is a must. We want everyone to enjoy the shoot and have a good time.

A total of 30 targets will be set up......known 15 and unknown 15. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post up and I'll answer as best I can.

I look forward to seeing some new faces and having a good time with everyone!

Greg

greg sent you a PM sir.

Comment

The range is located outside of Graham about 4-6 miles on Hwy 67. If you came in from the Jacksboro area (hwy 380), continue west through the light at the intersection of Elm/380. This will take you past the park (which would be on your right) and carry you out on Hwy 67 (Breckenridge Hwy).

If you were to come from the Weatherford/Mineral Wells area......come on into downtown and turn left on 4th St. (the courthouse will be on the left corner). Continue through the light at 4th/Oak, and continue until you come to "Y" and stay to the left. The VFW will be on your right at this point and the Livestock Auction yard will be across the highway from the stop sign. Take a left, this is Hwy 67 (Breckenridge Hwy). Now go out 4-6 miles and watch for the banner in the right barditch at the gate.

Again, the entrance gate will be on your right about 4-6 miles out and will be clearly marked with our banner. We do have to keep the gate closed, to ensure that no cattle sneak past us and out onto the hwy. We try to get them all moved off & into the back of the property, but occassionally find a stragler or two, so if you come in......please close the gate behind you.

We generally have a pot that can be participated in, and costs an additional $15. If you have a bow that chronos faster than 288fps, you will not be able to particpate in the pot. We ask that those participating in the 3D shoot have your bows set so that they do not shoot faster than 288fps.

For those that don't shoot 3D on a regular basis, a good item to bring with you is at the bare minimum, a small bar of soap or some type of lubricant to aid in removing the arrows from the targets. This helps tremendously when it comes time to pull. And also, a good pair of binoculars come in handy too.

A couple of other items......30 targets (15 known & 15 unknown), please step up to the stake and assess what you think the yardage is, but please do not announce it out loud so that others can strengthen estimating skills. Rangefinders will be allowed on the known 15, but not on the unknown.

I have probably repeated myself and/or left something out, so if you have questions.....by all means send me a pm or post it here.......I'll do my best to answer. We're still a new club, but we are learning and growing and always want to be open and available to other shooters from outside our immediate area.

Have a great work week and I look forward to seeing everyone and having a great time!

Greg

Comment

Greg what will the cost be for kids? 12 and under?

Comment

If I can get Rocky to go , I want to come up and check the place out and shoot some targets. I need to practice. We are going to work at the range on Saturday but thinking about shooting on Sunday.
          This is a West Region club and you need to come out shoot so you have an idea of the terrain and meet the folks. It is always FUN to shoot a new place.

Comment

Todd.....just kidnap Rocky and come on out! Bill and I will be starting to set up targets tommorrow. It'll take us a couple of days w/limited daylight hours after we both get off from work.

Mike, I'll check on the cost for the kiddos and get back with you.

Have a good remainder of the week folks!

Greg

Comment

I'm coming Sunday for sure. Don't know if any one else is, Hopefully bringing a few. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Had a great time Greg!! Very nice course!!!! Man those turkeys and bobcats ate my lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fingershooter View Post
                  Had a great time Greg!! Very nice course!!!! Man those turkeys and bobcats ate my lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  How many? I like buffalo sized targets best. See yall in the morning.

Comment

You better get ready!!!!! I think Greg had 10 Turkeys at like 35-40 yards!! He likes the sound of carbon rattling through the trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha! Love ya Greg!!

Comment

You better get ready!!!!! I think Greg had 10 Turkeys at like 35-40 yards!! He likes the sound of carbon rattling through the trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha! Love ya Greg!!
                      Are you serious??? Hey did they have stakes for the Kiddos? How long did it take yall too shoot the course?? Luke has a bball game in crowley at 3..Ughh!!

Comment

We started about 9:30 and we were done by 12:30 or so. That is shooting the breeze with several people. I had three kids with me also.

Comment

They have a green stake that I think the furthest shot was probably about 20-25 yards! Luke is lights out right there!!!

Comment

We started about 9:30 and we were done by 12:30 or so. That is shooting the breeze with several people. I had three kids with me also.
                            Thanks for the info buddy!! We will be going then..looking forward too seeing you and your boys!! Hopefully next weekend at cowtown..

Comment

We will not make Cowtown. They kids are all with their Mom/Dad that weekend!! Dang custody arrangements gets in the way of 3D!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X