Live? from the Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live? from the Classic

Well, folks, we got here yesterday in the rain...it rained from Belton to Monroe, La...nonstop...I figured the ranges would be like Paris, but apparently, this red Louisiana soil does not hold water on top of it like Texas...and the ranges were dry today...very walkable with tennies or fllipflops (yes, i saw alot of people in flipflops (not me) and the catching of a monster chicken snake on my range today MAY prompt me to wear boots tomorrow. Conditions today were hot...a special kind of hot that leaves you breathless and sweating profusely...it makes you want to leave some of your body parts back in the hotel near the AC...forecast is for some real (meaning oppressive) heat by Saturday...temps in the 103/105 range are forecast. I'd bring my rubber boots anyway, because it's an ASA shoot, but it doesn't look like rain from here. Drive safe.

Originally posted by Davik View Post
    Well, folks, we got here yesterday in the rain...it rained from Belton to Monroe, La...nonstop...I figured the ranges would be like Paris, but apparently, this red Louisiana soil does not hold water on top of it like Texas...and the ranges were dry today...very walkable with tennies or fllipflops (yes, i saw alot of people in flipflops (not me) and the catching of a monster chicken snake on my range today MAY prompt me to wear boots tomorrow. Conditions today were hot...a special kind of hot that leaves you breathless and sweating profusely...it makes you want to leave some of your body parts back in the hotel near the AC...forecast is for some real (meaning oppressive) heat by Saturday...temps in the 103/105 range are forecast. I'd bring my rubber boots anyway, because it's an ASA shoot, but it doesn't look like rain from here. Drive safe.
    I concur with all of this... I've spent a month in the Panama Jungle(in August), and this place.....well, I'm kinda missing the Black Palm Trees, poison tree frogs and poop throwing howler monkeys.

This may well come down the last man standing... or conscious.

Comment

Oh, just shut up & shoot!
      And drink lots of water!!!

You should be used to it by now after making every Texas qualifier Jimmy!
      The umbrella shades you from the sun, not just the rain!

Comment

Come on Jimmy, man up! I concur with Pistol, if we can withstand the Texas qualifiers this should be nothing.

See you all there!

tease

Comment

We be there friday night sometime. Dry everything out and cool it off b4 we get there if you will please!!!!!

Taz

Comment

I got here about 3 today went over to the shoot and bought some stabilizers and a scope and light kit for next year went and ate with brett c and jayde for supper and now at the hotel waiting on tomorrow fixin to go to bed so i can kick some butt tomorrow good luck everyone!

Comment

Texas ain't got nuttin on dis wet heat down here . This is gonna be the hottest most miserable shoot we've been to all year for sure.

Comment

Told y'all it was gonna be wet...

Comment

Go getem today guys im shooting the team shoot at 1 so we will see! Goodluck!

Comment

Go getem today guys im shooting the team shoot at 1 so we will see! Goodluck!

Comment

Good Luck to the Texas Crews!!!

Have fun and shoot straight!

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                        Texas ain't got nuttin on dis wet heat down here . This is gonna be the hottest most miserable shoot we've been to all year for sure.
                        This is by far, the worst I've ever been to. And Sat, Sun is supposed to be worse with "record temperatures".

Originally posted by JAVI View Post
                        Told y'all it was gonna be wet...
                        The only thing wet is the air and the shooters.

Comment

Shoot'n weather

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 4.png
Views:	1
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	23943186
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 3.png
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	23943185
                          Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 07-30-2010, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Come on guys, suck it up! Don't let them think we Texans can't handle a little heat.

So say the one person who may have to be carried out tomorrow...............LOL!

Just keep telling yourself, it's not that hot, I can do this. Thank you Lord that we are only shooting 20 a day instead of 30.

See you all tomorrow.

Comment

Most of us shot at 8:00am so it wasn't to bad. Jayde shot 1 down but only 5 points behind the leader. I shot 2 down & in 12 place now so I need to bring it in the am , 1st is 14 up

Comment

Working...
                              X