X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Tech Question, I'm stumped

OK

here is the delema

I have a Mathews Triumph 29.5 draw 55-65lb limbs with original string that came with the bow (most likely the problem).

At the state shoot this weekend I was dead on at the practice range 20-30-40yds and so on. I get to the first target and after the 35yd chip shot im 8" high. I figured it was me so i plowed on,,,after the next 4 shots and the same out come, i called break down and off i went to the practice range again.

At the range I was way of on my sight tape..I had to dial my 40yd mark down to 35yds to get them in the yellow at 40? I reset my tape indicator and then checked my 20yd and i just just a tad low with the adjustment. Well went back out and after about 4 good targets i started creepin up again....Well i went ahead and finished and had a great time iwth the group i was with,,just couldnt get anything dialed.....

Has anyone had something like this happen with the Triumph. The string was well shot in and there doesnt seem to be any defects in the bow? One of the Pro-Staff mathews shhoters said it could be the string seprating under the serving somewere? The two guys i had look at my bow couldnt see anythin loose or off kilter?

Wasnt able to shoot thru chrono to recheck my spead due to someone blowing up the chrono earlier in the day oopps

any idears would be appriciated....love the bow, just hope its the string

Check your nock point and your peep to see if either or both moved.

Comment

peep moving?

Comment

If you can take the string/cable off you should be able to feel the kink form a broken strand under the serving. It might not show up when the bow is strung, because of idler wheels, cable guards and what not, but off it would. Or you could just keep shooting it until it makes that sound like a .22 MAG, and you are left with some pieces to look for. If the string is broken under the serving, it will break sooner before later!

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
          If you can take the string/cable off you should be able to feel the kink form a broken strand under the serving. It might not show up when the bow is strung, because of idler wheels, cable guards and what not, but off it would. Or you could just keep shooting it until it makes that sound like a .22 MAG, and you are left with some pieces to look for. If the string is broken under the serving, it will break sooner before later!
          .22 mag would be about right,,,havent had the string off the bow yet and the peep and knock point are solid. I was just readin on another thread were a Zebra string was seperating under the serving. I am betting that is what it is,,,if not,,,i have a slightly used Triumph for sale

Comment

Working...
          X