Thank you, Thank you!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Thank you!!

Once again we HAVE to thank Charles Jones with Maxey Trailers for his generous donation...Steve & Laura Story owners of Shoot 'Em Up Archery, also donated a $900 Hoyt that we gave as 2nd prize in our raffle. We were able to raise over $1,000 that is deposited in our ASA Texas Award Fund...last year we started with zero. This is an enormous financial boost for us and will insure that we can continue to provide plaques and medallions for our younger shooters, as our number of qualifiers steadily increases.

Thank you so very much!! Tracy & Mike Smith, Texas ASA State Directors

Yes indeed, thank you to all the sponsors! That includes the shooters who made the trips to the qualifiers and the state shoot, depsite some of the most difficult weather we have seen on a regular basis.

I remember shooting Cowtown in late January, swearing at the weathermen who predicted 45 degree weather when it never got above 32 on that Saturday. Looking back it seemed to be a prediction of things to come- snow in Nocona? Pouring rain in Abilene? 107 heat index in Fort Worth? There are some tough archers out there!!!

Comment

big thanks and congrats to all!!

And any string maker who claims their strings/cables will not stretch, has probably never shot Texas in July... checked mine this morning and had lost about 1/2 of brace height and 1/4" draw length

Comment

It was awesome to be a part of a New Process involving sponsors and donations to raise monies for the future of our sport, unless you see the look on childrens faces when they shoot and win prizes it is hard to image it. It will have a lasting effect on their lives. Thank you also to Steve & Laura Story for stepping up and recognizing the same thing and taking action! Thanks also to Mike & Tracy and all those behind the scenes at each Club that make this the best ASA Circuit Ever! I hate that I had to miss it.........

Comment

Originally posted by Oneway View Post
          It was awesome to be a part of a New Process involving sponsors and donations to raise monies for the future of our sport, unless you see the look on childrens faces when they shoot and win prizes it is hard to image it. It will have a lasting effect on their lives. Thank you also to Steve & Laura Story for stepping up and recognizing the same thing and taking action! Thanks also to Mike & Tracy and all those behind the scenes at each Club that make this the best ASA Circuit Ever! I hate that I had to miss it.........
          I have a picture of me, Mike & the winner, Rob Bice, with the beautiful Maxey Trailer...it needs a little work & I will get it posted Rob was thrilled to have it!! He is a good friend of Richard Goen, who won the Maxey Trailer you donated to Archers For Christ in Paris. We missed you, Charles!!

Comment

Yes, thanks to the sponsors that help out the kids in archery. You certainly make a difference!

Comment

Big thanks to the sponcers. Great way
              to get a head start on next year.

Comment

Thank you so much to the sponsor's! Texas ASA IS archery in Texas and showing the country how it should be done.

Comment

Here is a picture of Rob Bice (rbiceo) who won the Maxey Trailer along with Mike & Tracy Smith Texas ASA State Directors.

Thank You Again Charles and Maxey Trailers !!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 State Championship 136 (Small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	23942326

Comment

Rob's a great guy! At least he knows how to show up to a HH. Congrats Rob!

Comment

Thanx everyone was a great shoot. Looking forward to next year.

Comment

congrats and thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                          Yes indeed, thank you to all the sponsors! That includes the shooters who made the trips to the qualifiers and the state shoot, depsite some of the most difficult weather we have seen on a regular basis.

I remember shooting Cowtown in late January, swearing at the weathermen who predicted 45 degree weather when it never got above 32 on that Saturday. Looking back it seemed to be a prediction of things to come- snow in Nocona? Pouring rain in Abilene? 107 heat index in Fort Worth? There are some tough archers out there!!!
                          Needless to say, there would be no reason for sponsors if there were no shooters!! We love each and everyone of you's and could NOT do it without you!! We are especially proud of the number of Eagles (all classes), youth and young adult archers that come to the shoots...we start the season off cold and wet and end up HOT and dry...and still they come. No matter what the weather, just ask, they had FUN. Thanks to all the parents and friends that introduce these kids to our amazing sport of archery. They are the future!! Thanks to EVERYONE that has attended our shoots!! If you haven't shot one yet, you'll have to wait til next year but you will have LOT'S of opportunities then!! Your Texas ASA State Directors...Tracy & Mike Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                            Here is a picture of Rob Bice (rbiceo) who won the Maxey Trailer along with Mike & Tracy Smith Texas ASA State Directors.

Thank You Again Charles and Maxey Trailers !!!!

[ATTACH]175585[/ATTACH]
                            that is awesome, Thanks to Steve & Laura Story for being the TBH Express for the donated trailer from Paris to Ft. Worth! Thanks to all the shooters who not only shot but also brought someone to shoot. It takes everyone doing what they can for the sport and future of this sport to continue to give back to those who have yet to experience it!
                            Last edited by Oneway; 07-23-2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X