Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Tyler Archery Club on June 19 & 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Tyler Archery Club on June 19 & 20

The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail will roll into Tyler Archery Club on June 19 & 20 for the final North region qualifier for 2010. Tyler Archery club has a beautiful range located in the tall pines of East Texas. Come out to TAC and get qualified for the ASA state championship.

10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, 30 McKenzie targets, 15 known distance targets and 15 unknown distance targets, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes, $16.00 entry fee for young adult and youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced.

We have two new classes for 2010. At the request of many of our female shooters ASA has created a Women’s Known 40 class. The K-40 class competitors will be grouped together or with K-45 shooters. K-40 shooters will be allowed to use range finders on all targets, and NO known distance sheets will be passed out to the shooters in the K-40 and K-45 classes. The other new class is the Youth Pins class. This class was designed to transition youth shooters from NASP and 4-H programs into ASA competition without requiring them to need a target bow, sight/scope, and stabilizer set up to be competitive.

The Shooter of The Year program (North region) will be based on your 6 best qualifier scores out of the 9 North Texas qualifiers PLUS your state championship score. We will be awarding SOY buckles for all adult, young adult, and youth classes (not eagles) for 2010. Classes must average 3 paying competitors per qualifier to be elgible for Shooter of the Year competition.

For a complete schedule, rules, scores, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

Tyler's range is classic East Texas piney woods. The shaded tree canopy will create challenging lighting conditions. TAC's terrain includes elevation changes as well as open field shots. This will be a great shoot. Don't miss your last chance in the North region to get qualified for state !!!!

Here is a link to Tyler Archery Club's website:

And Remember.....

We are the Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am
    Last edited by Arrowsmith; 06-14-2010, 11:25 AM.

Wow...our last qualifier before State!! Time flies when you're havin' fun!! This is exciting for Mike & I because this will be our very 1st ASA Qualifier at Tyler. We love shooting there and the folks that run it are GREAT...we are ready to have fun and see all our archery family, one mo' time before STATE!! C' mon out and shoot with us...this will be a good time for you to sign up or renew your current ASA membership...don't forget, you need to be a member of ASA and qualified, to shoot for competition at State. You are always welcome to shoot a fun round.

Comment

See y'all on Saturday. This is Father's day weekend and I have stuff planned for Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Smallcat View Post
        Wow...our last qualifier before State!! Time flies when you're havin' fun!! This is exciting for Mike & I because this will be our very 1st ASA Qualifier at Tyler. We love shooting there and the folks that run it are GREAT...we are ready to have fun and see all our archery family, one mo' time before STATE!! C' mon out and shoot with us...this will be a good time for you to sign up or renew your current ASA membership...don't forget, you need to be a member of ASA and qualified, to shoot for competition at State. You are always welcome to shoot a fun round.
        Mine too!

And my 9th this season. I made a commitment to shoot them all this year

Lots of miles, arrows and fun

Comment

Tease and I will be there this weekend. Not sure what day yet but we will be there.

TAZ

Comment

see ya on Sunday!!

Comment

since i didnt qualify i was really looking forward to making this shoot. draw back at working at bass pro shops. Fathers day is a big weekend for us and im the lead guy in our arcehry shop so they are making me work....

Comment

Maybe Saturday for me. Hopefully I can make it.

Comment

Ill be down there Saturday since I couldn't make it to the qualifier this last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by G5ARCHER View Post
                    since i didnt qualify i was really looking forward to making this shoot. draw back at working at bass pro shops. Fathers day is a big weekend for us and im the lead guy in our arcehry shop so they are making me work....
                    I see you are from Houston. Bannana Bend is hosting the last south region qualifier on July 10-11. State is July 17-18 at Cowtown.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                      Tease and I will be there this weekend. Not sure what day yet but we will be there.

TAZ
                      We will see ya'll there !!!!

Originally posted by pinkie View Post
                      see ya on Sunday!!
                      Ok. Pink. We will see ya.

Originally posted by Fullcontact View Post
                      Ill be down there Saturday since I couldn't make it to the qualifier this last weekend.
                      Good Deal. Give me a shout.
                      Last edited by Arrowsmith; 06-15-2010, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        I see you are from Houston. Bannana Bend is hosting the last south region qualifier on July 10-11. State is July 17-18 at Cowtown.
                        I will for sure shoot banana bend, just kinda wanted to have two turnaments so i wasnt in a must qualify situation. oh well, see how i do under last chance pressure....

Comment

Originally posted by G5ARCHER View Post
                          I will for sure shoot banana bend, just kinda wanted to have two turnaments so i wasnt in a must qualify situation. oh well, see how i do under last chance pressure....
                          You should have no problem qualifying. Most shooters are already qualified so they are passed over. In other words....if there are 15 shooters in your class and 8 of them are already qualified the other seven qualify. At most of the south shoots everyone qualifies because there is usually less than 10 shooters in a given class.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                            You should have no problem qualifying. Most shooters are already qualified so they are passed over. In other words....if there are 15 shooters in your class and 8 of them are already qualified the other seven qualify. At most of the south shoots everyone qualifies because there is usually less than 10 shooters in a given class.
                            Mike did you get my P.M.??

Just wondering

Comment

We will be shooting on Saturday. Got the kiddo this weekend and she leaves to go to church camp on Sunday for a week in okie land.

Comment

Working...
                              X