Texas Federation ASA Qualifier at Irving Bowhunters on June 12 & 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Federation ASA Qualifier at Irving Bowhunters on June 12 & 13

The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail will roll into Irving Bowhunters Association this weekend June 12 & 13. This will be the 8th of 9 North region qualifiers. Irving will have a very challenging course set for you to enjoy.

10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, 30 McKenzie targets, 15 known distance targets and 15 unknown distance targets, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes, $16.00 entry fee for young adult and youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced.

We have two new classes for 2010. At the request of many of our female shooters ASA has created a Women’s Known 40 class. The K-40 class competitors will be grouped together or with K-45 shooters. K-40 shooters will be allowed to use range finders on all targets, and NO known distance sheets will be passed out to the shooters in the K-40 and K-45 classes. The other new class is the Youth Pins class. This class was designed to transition youth shooters from NASP and 4-H programs into ASA competition without requiring them to need a target bow, sight/scope, and stabilizer set up to be competitive.

The Shooter of The Year program (North region) will be based on your 6 best qualifier scores out of the 9 North Texas qualifiers PLUS your state championship score. We will be awarding SOY buckles for all adult, young adult, and youth classes (not eagles) for 2010. Classes must average 3 paying competitors per qualifier to be elgible for Shooter of the Year competition.

For a complete schedule, rules, scores, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

Irving's range sits atop some of the highest ground in the DFW metroplex. Shooters will experience challenging shots that will include elevation changes, tunnel shots, and tricky lighting conditions. Come out and join us for a great 3D experience !!!!

And Remember.....

We are the Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am

Merissa and I will be there. Not sure what day yet, but we got two to choose from. See ya there.

Chris

Comment

Location for the out of town people:
      32' 43.463N
      096' 55.194W
      That should be the front gate.

Comment

IBA is a great cousre with some tough shots ill see everyone there on sunday

Comment

im new to the 3d compitition. i live in houston. how hard is it to quaklify for the state championship? since i live in houston do i have to qualify in a south region qualifier or does it matter. ive paid my asa dues and am ready to rock, juyst need some help as to the when where and hows.... any help will be appreciated. and what classes would a hunter like me enter.....? thanks in advance....

Comment

You can qualify in the north or south.
            If you are new to 3-D you can shoot bow novice or open c depending on your equipment.
            To qualify you have to finish in the top 10 or top 50% of the class, whichever is greater.
            Go to www.texasasafederation.com to find all the rules.

Comment

Marty is working hard to set up a great course for the qualifier this weekend, ya'll come on out and see what you think. Be sure to give him "kudos" on the set up.

I'm sure that after it's over he would appreciate any help to get the course picked up.

See you there this weekend.

Tease

Comment

Originally posted by target tease View Post
                Marty is working hard to set up a great course for the qualifier this weekend, ya'll come on out and see what you think. Be sure to give him "kudos" on the set up.

I'm sure that after it's over he would appreciate any help to get the course picked up.

See you there this weekend.

Tease
                I know Marty will set a great course.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone at IBA.

Comment

Going to try and shoot this one. Been awhile since I've a qualifier. I miss seeing many of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                    I know Marty will set a great course.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone at IBA.

Doug,Kevin and I got a lot done tonight.
                    Hope everyone enjoys the set.
                    We are going to try and keep it in the shade.

What would everyone think about a 5 target Sims type shoot to help kill time while waiting for scores to be entered?

Comment

Originally posted by bow5 View Post
                      Doug,Kevin and I got a lot done tonight.
                      Hope everyone enjoys the set.
                      We are going to try and keep it in the shade.

What would everyone think about a 5 target Sims type shoot to help kill time while waiting for scores to be entered?

Comment

I will be there on Sunday I think. Won't be Saturday.

Comment

That is a GREAT idea Marty!!!!!!

Mark

Comment

Keeping it in the shade has caught my attention like nothing else.

Way to go Marty!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

See y'all Sunday

Comment

Working...
                              X