Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

3-D Shooters,I have a ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-D Shooters,I have a ?

If I put a single pin adjustable sight on my bow ,like a true glo, will that knock me out of the bowhunter class?

in most shoots yes... for sure ASA YES

Comment

Ok. I wasnt sure if that would disqualify by itself or if it would be allowed on my hunting bow with my short stabilizer. Thanks

Comment

well you got the word straight from the JAVI's mouth, but yep , you sir are now an open shooter according to rules and regs

Comment

Unless you lock the sight at a specific range, and do not adjust it during the round.

Comment

3-D Shooters,I have a ?

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            Unless you lock the sight at a specific range, and do not adjust it during the round.
            X2 I've never seen someone do this personally though, but it is in the rules.

Comment

I understand this rule........but alot of people hunt with a movable sight, myself included........It would be nice if your bow was set up to hunt, you could still shoot in bowhunter class, that is as long as it was a hunting sight.

Comment

Shoots

Originally posted by thedosranchhand View Post
                If I put a single pin adjustable sight on my bow ,like a true glo, will that knock me out of the bowhunter class?
                I guess thats why I never shoot any 3-D. My motto is practice as you play and play as you practice. HHA single pin here.....

Comment

Originally posted by BOHTR View Post
                  I understand this rule........but alot of people hunt with a movable sight, myself included........It would be nice if your bow was set up to hunt, you could still shoot in bowhunter class, that is as long as it was a hunting sight.
                  I guess that's what I was thinking. Because I knew if put one of those sights on that had micro adjustments and windage, I knew it would would put me in the open class. I just thought they might allow ones like the $70 tru glo. But thanks for clearing it up for me fellaws.

Comment

Originally posted by thedosranchhand View Post
                    Many shoot an adjustable sight , but it must be locked down. If you are new to shooting 3d, In ASA you could shoot Bow Novice and it is a 30 yd class. That distance is easy to shoot with 1 pin locked down in the 22-25 yd range. Hunter class is a 40 max and would be a little harder to do . Some math might be involved but it can be done. When I started shooting that is the type of sight I had and just shot in Open . It made me a better shoooter because I really had to learn to judge distance. You can always shoot for fun from any stake.

Comment

Working...
                    X