collin county bowhunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

collin county bowhunters

jeez, what a terrible turn out. only around 20 shooters for a 2 day shoot. Hate to say this but this was one of the premier clubs around DFW not to long ago and they have managed to run it into the ground. They ran off all the compound shooters by not adopting the 12 ring, they killed the money shoot this year and they set their course trashy, then they wonder why nobody shows up...The club officers are all trad shooters and that is all they care about, the look down on the compound shooters it seems and refuse to help themselves by helping the compound shooters. Face it guys, we are the majority that show up at these shoots, might be a good thing to deal with us rather than shut your doors for good, because at 20 per weekend, it won't take long...

OB

Whats the name of the club & where is it? Always looking for a new place to shoot.

Comment

Dude I tried to join that club 2 years straight and never got a response to numberous emails sent. Even sent a check on year and they never cashed it.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlood View Post
        jeez, what a terrible turn out. only around 20 shooters for a 2 day shoot. Hate to say this but this was one of the premier clubs around DFW not to long ago and they have managed to run it into the ground. They ran off all the compound shooters by not adopting the 12 ring, they killed the money shoot this year and they set their course trashy, then they wonder why nobody shows up...The club officers are all trad shooters and that is all they care about, the look down on the compound shooters it seems and refuse to help themselves by helping the compound shooters. Face it guys, we are the majority that show up at these shoots, might be a good thing to deal with us rather than shut your doors for good, because at 20 per weekend, it won't take long...

OB
        Not sure about other compound shoots that may have been going on this weekend, but there was a big one for trad shooters in Abilene. It's difficult to schedule shoots around all the other clubs.

Not a member of CCBA, but have a lot of friends who are...and have attended many TBoT, club shoots and the CCBA Invitational there. I know the trad shooter who was President of the club for something like....17 years. It wasn't because he "demanded" the position - it was because no one else wanted it. I know the trad shooter who is president now...again, he stepped up to take on the responsibility about 3 years ago. So if most of the officers are trad shooters now, why is that? I believe it is (and has been for years) mostly trad shooters who set up courses for the shoots. Why is that?

So if the membership of CCBA are majority compound shooters (and it always has been), how come the leadership of the club doesn't reflect that? It's not like the trad folks are just begging to run the show, do you think? Have you put your name in the hat for a leadership position, BTW?

Comment

I put name in the hat for a membership! No response. I would think that new membership would be th single most driving factor to keeping a club running, but after 17 years I guess it was just to much for him to return my email. I belong to couple clubs and show up to work parties. Just as I would have there.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pairs12 View Post
            I put name in the hat for a membership! No response. I would think that new membership would be th single most driving factor to keeping a club running, but after 17 years I guess it was just to much for him to return my email. I belong to couple clubs and show up to work parties. Just as I would have there.
            Yes, right after I posted, I saw that you had (with no response). No, I don't even think Bud (17 yr former pres) HAD email until the past year or so...
            Click on "Contact Us" at the club site:
            Collin County Bow Hunters Association consist of 70 acres with 30 3D targets with several Tournements each year. Members have 24/7 access to the entire range.

I know Billy and Charlie - and would be shocked if one or both didn't respond.

Comment

Hey Orange, I am on the board of Directors this year, a range officer, a charter member and and I set the course this weekend. First off, I am not a traditional guy. I shoot compound. I am not as much of a 3d shooter as a hunter but I shoot a few tournaments a year. I was the one taking the money..
              Let me address each of your complaints seperately if I may.

1. We didnt adopt the 12 ring because we didnt have targets that all had the 12 ring. We are working on getting more new targets and in the future may pick up the 12 but we need new blood in the club to help get things like this done.

2. Course was set up trashy.. I set the course and there were some sponsored open guys that shot besides you and I asked them their opinion of the course. Nobody complained at all about the course being trashy. I set the kills zones open and visible. There was one target that was windowed by weeds but the kills zone was visible and identifiable.

If you were the gentleman that came in alone and shot 1/2 the course out of order and left, the only complaint we heard from you was that we were shooting Rhinehart targets and you couldnt identify the kill zones.

I encourage you and everyone to join, become a working member and help us get back to where we need to be. We added open class stakes this year in response to Compound shooters requests. We are not strictly traditional but do have a large number of traditional members. We need new members and new voices. I encourage anywone who wants more info, to tour the range, or shoot, to PM me for my number and I will be glad take you out and you set up to do so. The club is having a down year due to weather on the first 3 shoots, it rained twice and snowed once, and we need new working members to get back strong. To come here and publicly bash a club and course that you have shot one time this year is counter productive and silly. Join the club, do some work, then talk trash... Steve
              Last edited by bowmedic; 05-24-2010, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Dude I tried to join that club 2 years straight and never got a response to numberous emails sent. Even sent a check on year and they never cashed it.
                DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!! It's not even worth the time anymore!!!

Comment

I encourage anyone that wants to join to contact me. I guarantee your info will get processed. We have some big shoots coming up in June with our invitational and the LSBA shooi which will be set up using LSBA classes and rules. I encourage everyone to come out and shoot become a member..
                  Last edited by bowmedic; 05-24-2010, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Cash pay out or Trophies?

Comment

@bowmedic...

Is it counter productive? at least people are talking about your club again, what is the saying, bad pub is better than no pub at all. You have 2 responses of people wanting to join already.

I wasn't that guy you speak of, I actually turned in my card...shot in open a class. Not hard to find out who I am with only 2 shooters in that class, one of which was my dad.

As for the trashy comment, that was directed to years back at the root of the problem, left a bad taste in peoples mouths and they haven't been back. I thought the course was good yesterday, and complimented you on it at the end of the day on sunday.

BTW, I've shot at CCBA since I was 15 years old, I'm 31 now. so I'm not trying to publicly bash the club, I'm frustrated at the direction its going and any suggestions that are made to help improve the club are shot down just as quick as they are suggested. Wayne said yesterday at this rate we won't be here next year, I suggested joining ASA and was shot down immediately, "oh no that's not happening..." I have to be a member for you guys to take logical suggestions?

Comment

On the contrary I am not wanting to join. I wanted to join several years ago. I may consider it again, but as of right now my plate is full.

Comment

Our normal shoots are trophies. The invitational shoot we have belt buckles as prizes. LSBA will have gift cards and or placques depending on the size...

Comment

On the contrary I am not wanting to join. I wanted to join several years ago. I may consider it again, but as of right now my plate is full.
                            sorry about that, didn't mean to put words in your mouth...

Comment

Sorry I didnt recognize you.. Wayne and I have been working on trying to get things improved and understand what your saying. We are working on tryng to get our mebership built back up and get more in line for compound shooters. Simplifying the stakes, yardage limitations etc. Its hard to get things like that done when you have 3/4 of the working members strictly traditional guys. Its hard for guys that shoot other places to come out and shoot something not inline with everyone else..if we had more members that wanted to change the suggestions we are trying to make would carry more weight..Thanks for coming out this weekend by the way..
                              Last edited by bowmedic; 05-24-2010, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X