Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Federation ASA Qualifier at Archer's for Christ Archery Club (Paris) May 29&30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Federation ASA Qualifier at Archer's for Christ Archery Club (Paris) May 29&30

The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail will be rolling into Archer's for Christ Archery Club in Paris, Texas on May 29th & 30th for a North region state qualifier. After a great swing thru West Texas we are headed back to the big woods of East Texas. Come out and shoot with us at Archer's for Christ !!!!

10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, 30 McKenzie targets, 15 known distance targets and 15 unknown distance targets, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes, $16.00 entry fee for young adult and youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced.

We have two new classes for 2010. At the request of many of our female shooters ASA has created a Women’s Known 40 class. The K-40 class competitors will be grouped together or with K-45 shooters. K-40 shooters will be allowed to use range finders on all targets, and NO known distance sheets will be passed out to the shooters in the K-40 and K-45 classes. The other new class is the Youth Pins class. This class was designed to transition youth shooters from NASP and 4-H programs into ASA competition without requiring them to need a target bow, sight/scope, and stabilizer set up to be competitive.

The Shooter of The Year program (North region) will be based on your 6 best qualifier scores out of the 9 North Texas qualifiers PLUS your state championship score. We will be awarding SOY buckles for all adult, young adult, and youth classes (not eagles) for 2010. Classes must average 3 paying competitors per qualifier to be elgible for Shooter of the Year competition.

For a complete schedule, rules, scores, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

Archer's for Christ has a beautiful range that includes tall hardwoods with a lot of heavy undergrowth. The terrain is relatively flat. The shadows created by the huge trees create some challenges for judging and shooting. The course will be a Pro/Am style course. We love shooting at Archer's for Christ !!! We will see you all there.

Here is a link to the Archer's for Christ website. You can find a map and directions to the club there.

http://www.archersforchristparis.com.

Here are some pictures from last years ASA Qualifier at Archer's for Christ.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Paris 2009 011 (Small).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	24807475

Name:	Paris 2009 006 (Small).jpg
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	24807476

Name:	Paris 2009 016 (Small).jpg
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	24807477

Name:	Paris 2009 018 (Small).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	24807478

Name:	Paris 2009 039 (Small).jpg
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	24807479

Name:	Paris 2009 043 (Small).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	24807480

And remember.....

We Are the Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am

I like to get my son statred shooting competitive...he is almost 8yrs old....is this something that he could do? I live close to paris and it would be easy for us to make this.

Comment

Originally posted by BRALEYOUTDOORS View Post
      I like to get my son statred shooting competitive...he is almost 8yrs old....is this something that he could do? I live close to paris and it would be easy for us to make this.
      Yes Sir. He will be in the Jr. Eagle Class. They shoot 15 yards maximum. Bring him out and shoot. He and You will have a blast. $5.00 entry fee for your son. You can shoot with him for fun ($15.00) or you can shoot the ASA competition for ($30.00). Give me a shout when you get there.

Comment

I have never shot in a comp but i went to the shoot in paris at the civic center and watched....looked confusing to me. Is the AFC shoot set up the same way? When would it best less crowded to bring him?

Comment

I will be bringing my 8yr old also> we just started shooting cpl months ago.We have a blast. I am going to sign us up with the asa. I do good to hit the target much less than get in the scoring rings, but my son does pretty well. We will try to come on sunday if mom will let us.

Comment

Originally posted by BRALEYOUTDOORS View Post
            I have never shot in a comp but i went to the shoot in paris at the civic center and watched....looked confusing to me. Is the AFC shoot set up the same way? When would it best less crowded to bring him?
            We will put you and your son with a group that will help you and answer all your questions. Saturday is less crowded than Sunday. You are welcome to shoot for fun.

Originally posted by ifishdad View Post
            I will be bringing my 8yr old also> we just started shooting cpl months ago.We have a blast. I am going to sign us up with the asa. I do good to hit the target much less than get in the scoring rings, but my son does pretty well. We will try to come on sunday if mom will let us.
            The most important thing is for your son and you to have fun. We are looking forward to seeing ya'll there.

Comment

That looks like Toby in the pics. Is that Glenn with him?

Comment

Is there a place to camp "tent" close to the range? Paris is a little farther than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingershooter View Post
                  That looks like Toby in the pics. Is that Glenn with him?
                  Actually they are "BOTH" Tobys.

Is there a place to camp "tent" close to the range? Paris is a little farther than I thought.
                  Pat Mayse lake is not far. They have several parks with camping available.

I will check and see if they will let you camp on site. I will pm you when I find out.
                  Last edited by Arrowsmith; 05-22-2010, 05:07 PM.

Comment

The wife and I should be there looking foward to the fun again this year, had a blast last year.

Comment

ill be there sunday

Comment

I will check and see if they will let you camp on site. I will pm you when I find out.

Comment

You can tent camp right there on site. Get with me when you get there and we will show you where to camp.

Comment

Looks like the girls and I will be shooting on Sunday. See y'all there!
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Sweeeeeet Thank you so much...if any one would like to fish with me lets do it sat afternoon!!! The cats are killing it!

Comment

Working...
                              X