Texas ASA Southern shoot Navasot Archery Club May 23-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas ASA Southern shoot Navasot Archery Club May 23-23

Navasot Archery Club is hosting our next South region ASA Qualifier this weekend May 22-23 at their club ( http://www.navasot.org/ ).

10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, 30 McKenzie targets, 15 known distance targets and 15 unknown distance targets, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes, $16.00 entry fee for young adult and youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced.

We have two new classes for 2010. At the request of many of our female shooters ASA has created a Women’s Known 40 class. The K-40 class competitors will be grouped together or with K-45 shooters. K-40 shooters will be allowed to use range finders on all targets, and NO known distance sheets will be passed out to the shooters in the K-40 and K-45 classes. The other new class is the Youth Pins class. This class was designed to transition youth shooters from NASP and 4-H programs into ASA competition without requiring them to need a target bow, sight/scope, and stabilizer set up to be competitive.

The Shooter of The Year program (South region) will be based on your 4 best qualifier scores out of the 5 South Texas qualifiers PLUS your state championship score. We will be awarding Plaques buckles for all adult, young adult, and youth classes for 2010. Classes must average 3 paying competitors per qualifier to be elgible for Shooter of the Year competition.

For a complete schedule, rules, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

map

Comment

Isn't this a new club? We need to get there and support them, y'all!!

Comment

They are fairly new. They put all of their proceeds to the 4H archery program. Good people.

Comment

A few others and myself plan to be there on saturday.

Comment

Is there any place close to the range to pitch a tent and camp. My brother and I would like to come and shoot but would like to camp out. And how are the roads getting into the range as we will be on Motorcycles.

Comment

My gang will be on Saturday.

Comment

Shayne, can you answer Alley Dog's questions?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  Shayne, can you answer Alley Dog's questions?
                  I would like to, but cant because I havent been able to get over to that one yet.

I did look at the area on google earth however and it seems to be paved all the way up to Hickory Ridge Dr. After that it looks like it goes to a dirt road.

Maybe someone else can better clarify.

shayne

Comment

I have been thinking this whole time it was Navasota instead of Navasot... could have been bad if I hadnt looked at the map. This shoot is a lot closer than I thought it was.

Comment

Hill top lakes!! yeah the name has caused several people to think navasota!

Comment

Found the campgrounds Indian Woods right there at Hilltop Lakes so my brother and I will be there for sure.

Comment

Tracy and I will be there Sunday !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                            Isn't this a new club? We need to get there and support them, y'all!!
                            Sooooo, you comin'??

Comment

Had a great time. Great course.

Comment

Working...
                              X