Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Texas Federation ASA Qualifier at Cross Timbers Archery Club on May 15 & 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Federation ASA Qualifier at Cross Timbers Archery Club on May 15 & 16

The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail will be rolling into Cross Timbers Archery Club in Eastland, Texas on May 15 & 16. Cross Timbers is setting two 30 target ranges. One 30 target range for Open shooters and Unlimited and one 30 target range for the Men's and Women's Pins, Youth and Eagle classes.

10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, 30 McKenzie targets, 15 known distance targets and 15 unknown distance targets, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes, $16.00 entry fee for young adult and youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced.

We have two new classes for 2010. At the request of many of our female shooters ASA has created a Women’s Known 40 class. The K-40 class competitors will be grouped together or with K-45 shooters. K-40 shooters will be allowed to use range finders on all targets, and NO known distance sheets will be passed out to the shooters in the K-40 and K-45 classes. The other new class is the Youth Pins class. This class was designed to transition youth shooters from NASP and 4-H programs into ASA competition without requiring them to need a target bow, sight/scope, and stabilizer set up to be competitive.

The Shooter of The Year program (North region) will be based on your 6 best qualifier scores out of the 9 North Texas qualifiers PLUS your state championship score. We will be awarding SOY buckles for all adult, young adult, and youth classes (not eagles) for 2010. Classes must average 3 paying competitors per qualifier to be elgible for Shooter of the Year competition.

For a complete schedule, rules, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

Cross Timbers has a wonderful range that has everything you want in a 3D course. Tunnel shots that are tough to judge. Slight and not so slight elevation changes that are very challenging. Open field shots that will make you look twice after coming out of the trees. Come out and shoot with us this weekend. Don't miss this one !!!!

And remember.....

We Are the Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am.

See ya'll Sunday AM , I have to go to my Daughters Graduation @ CSU in Ft. Collins Co. on Sat. but I'll be back in time.

Comment

I can only go if I can find someone to share a hotel room with on Saturday. Enoch has to work...poor guy

Comment

I'll be near Houston at a big trad shoot . I'll be talking up ArcheryProStaffTx the whole time though. Ya'll have fun and shoot good.

Comment

Sunday

Comment

Me and ole KingsX will make this one. Will probably shoot on Sunday, but not sure which day yet.

Comment

Eastland always has a challenging course. You don't want to miss this one! I'll be there saturday, see ya'll there.

Comment

Originally posted by Corn Slinger View Post
                Me and ole KingsX will make this one. Will probably shoot on Sunday, but not sure which day yet.
                Glad ya'll are coming up for this one it will be a good one

Comment

I'll be watching the wind forcast before I decide which day. Love shooting Cross Timbers. Great group of folks and a awsome course as well. Come support this club cause they definitely support archery !!

Comment

We will be there Sunday. Looking forward to a great course.

Comment

We will have a church service before the shoot for those of you would like to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                        See ya'll Sunday AM , I have to go to my Daughters Graduation @ CSU in Ft. Collins Co. on Sat. but I'll be back in time.
                        Wow. Sounds like our schedule.

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
                        I'll be near Houston at a big trad shoot . I'll be talking up ArcheryProStaffTx the whole time though. Ya'll have fun and shoot good.
                        Good luck Todd !!! Sell some stuff.

Originally posted by CutTheLoop View Post
                        Sunday
                        See ya Jimmy.

Originally posted by Corn Slinger View Post
                        The San Angelo crew is always welcome !!!!

Originally posted by Texrock View Post
                        I'll be watching the wind forcast before I decide which day. Love shooting Cross Timbers. Great group of folks and a awsome course as well. Come support this club cause they definitely support archery !!
                        Come on Rocky...live dangerously...just flip a coin.

Originally posted by mojo360 View Post
                        We will have a church service before the shoot for those of you would like to attend.
                        Great Joe !!!! Thank You !!!! It will be great to see you.

Comment

I'd like to shoot...but are ya gonna post the scores for this shoot? LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
                            I'd like to shoot...but are ya gonna post the scores for this shoot? LOL!!
                            I promise they will be up by Monday pm. I can make this promise because the scores will come home with us.

We are still trying to track down the ones in queston.

We will see you there Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                              I can only go if I can find someone to share a hotel room with on Saturday. Enoch has to work...poor guy
                              Hitch a ride with Brett and Jadye.

Comment

Working...
                              X