No announcement yet.

How was Austin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With out those scores how will anyone know who the shooter of the year is for the south???????????

Comment

I guess at the end of the day if you do not have the resources to put on an ASA shoot through completion then you should not host one. Or atleast ask for some additional help.

Comment

lo and behold, the scores are in my mail--sorry, but everyone will have to wait til I get off work today to see them online--look for them around 3pm!

Comment

Originally posted by Fingershooter View Post
          I guess at the end of the day if you do not have the resources to put on an ASA shoot through completion then you should not host one. Or atleast ask for some additional help.

Comment

Ok, let me try this again when I'm a little calmer. My comments were not meant to offend anyone, they were meant to defend those involved with the club that volunteer their time.

Anytime anyone has an opinion/concern/suggestion/complaint at the club, their comments are taken seriosly. If it's something that we can easily take care of then we do it. If it's something more substantial then it may have to be voted on at the next meeting and it may or may not be changed. We do what we can to make everyone happy, but as you all know that's never possible.

As for the ASA scores. I was not at that shoot nor did I have anything to do with setting it up or putting it together. Since I keep the records for the Club, the scores and paperwork were given to me a week after the fact. At that point the instructions did not include sending scores to anyone. We were trying to figure out paperwork and money that needed to be mailed to different people. Since I wasn't at the shoot, and was NOT in charge of any of it, I have no idea what our club was told that day. All I know was that I had an email on Monday the 10th telling me that the scores needed to be faxed. That was the day after I got them in my hands. I was then out of town for three days with no access to a fax machine. The first day I could possibly have faxed them I did. That was Friday the 14th, in the AM. I sent them to the person we were told to send them to that day.

I was shocked yesterday when I got online and saw that on Monday this week ASA was stating that they still had not received our scores. I immediately (and not in the public eye), responded and let them know that the scores had indeed been sent last week. I offered to send them again if I needed to but was told yesterday that they did actually have the scores and there was no need for me to send them again.

I agree 110% that when you put on a big shoot (or even a small one), it should be followed through to the very end. Which is actually past the point of posting scores, it goes to making sure people get their medals/awards/etc... That's what we try to do.

The offer to "bring your laptop" was made to an individual who says it should be easy and that's how we should handle it. It's not always that easy. The day of the shoots (and I'm talking about our regular monthly shoots), there are things that have to be taken care of immediately. Like getting targets picked up and stored so that they don't sit out in the weather. Getting the concession stand cleaned up and taken care of, etc... Most of these things are all done by the volunteers that we have. Some officers, some just nice people who want to help.

As for the ASA shoots...I don't know how they normally handle things. Maybe they normally enter the scores on a laptop and download them that night or the next day. That's not how it happened at our event and that's something they will need to answer for you.

My point was...we can always use help!!! If you're willing to help at the club shoots you will NOT be turned down!!

Note: any opinions stated by me are strickly mine!! especially since no one seems to agree anyway ;o

Comment

Now I can talk about this. First and foremost know that this is MY opinion and just MINE! But as I see it, before a club is allowed to host an ASA event(which generates a lot of revenue for the club) they should understand what all is involved from beginning to end, and be willing to commit to getting it done. Regardless of who is "normally" in charge of what for the club, potentially it is the biggest shoot the club will have all year. So the club should gear up accordingly. If this was the first year for a club to host an ASA shoot, then some exceptions could be made, and possibly even overlooked. IMO if the club commits to the shoot, then EVERYONE that holds whatever elected position within the club should have a responsibility, and if they are not available, then it is up to them to find a replacement to fill that responsibility.

There are folks who drive miles to shoot these, and in doing so supports several different clubs. Maybe not with the physical part such as setting and retrieving targets, or manning/cleaning concessions stand, but they support them financially. All they are asking for in return is consistency. Meaning each club should be consistent with each other on how events are held, and how things are completed. They dont want to have to wait for a week or 2 or longer to see a score that was at some point the responsibility of an individual who failed to complete their assigned or expected task. It really does not matter who's fault it is. It happened, and isn't the first time for it to happen. And I have yet to see ANYONE step up and take responsibility or ownership for it happening, and offering ANY reassurances that it will not happen again. So as harsh as this might sound, stop making excuses and start making it better.

And my name is Glenn, the one who provided the score templates to the South regional directors, to provide to your club well in advance of the shoot so they could be filled out, returned and posted on the TX ASA Federation Web page, which is also ENTIRELY run by myself, and my wife on a 100% volunteer basis. If we 2 can get it done in a timely and efficient manner for all the clubs in both the North and South regions, all I am asking for is that the club do the same.

Comment

Fine points Glenn!

Comment

Originally posted by Fingershooter View Post
                  Fine points Glenn!
                  x2

Comment

Working...
                  X