Wantin to get started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wantin to get started

Ok i want to get started shooting 3d does anybody have any tips for me????

Shoot for 10's not 12's or 14's. Less risky and still might smack a couple of 12's. Start playing with your range finder so you get a good idea how far away things look. Practice shooting through brushy tunnels. Carry binos so you can see scoring rings. Get a stool to set your ow on or a kick stand. Soap the end of your arrows for easier removal. Get a small clip board and a good pen to keep score with.
    Last edited by Sparkles; 03-24-2010, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Find a club to join... then SUPPORT that club.

And here's good place to start.

Comment

come to the house and shoot with me and bubba so you can practice when we practice and go to banana bend and other local shoots with us teach you a lil game i learned from bubba's cousin called horse get you ready for virtually any shot from anywhere

Comment

Find a club to join... then SUPPORT that club
          Yeah I knd of left that out huh. Don't get frusrtated either some coarses are pretty tough and can be humbling. Just stick with it. I am at the point that I don't know what I like more 3d or bowhunting, and suck at both.

Comment

Only tip I can give is to just go to your first one and have fun. I went to my first (a traditional only shoot) with the sole intention of just shooting for fun and had a blast, despite my woefully low score and terrible shooting! Heck, I didn't even know how to score! I was lucky enough to be grouped with a father and son team that were excellent shooters who taught me a lot.

A week or two later I went to my second shoot, and despite the great tips I got from the father and son team, managed to shoot even worse than before! But again, I was lucky enough to be grouped with another good bunch of folks (one of whom got 3rd place in his class, and another who got 2nd in her class) who also taught me a lot and gave me good enough tips that enabled me to shoot better in my final rounds.

So I say go and have fun at your first one and use each successive 3-d shoot as a means to learn and continue improving. Good luck!

Comment

Oh, and if you're afraid of getting too low a score and humiliated, don't be. I not only came in DEAD LAST on my score, I came in 100 points behind the next person! But like I said, I chalked it up as a learning experience and can't wait to be able to go to the next one.

Comment

Take lot of arrow's the first time and just have fun. Oh and don't forget the soap! For the arrow. LOL

Comment

Have fun lile 3pairs12 said im the same way i dont know if i like bowhunting or 3d more!

Comment

best tip is learn how to judge yardage thats the number 1 thing!

Comment

shoot for the kill zone............ screw the score!

Comment

Working...
                      X