Texas Federation ASA Qualifier at Clifton Archery Club on March 20 & 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike & Tracy et al.,
    This is my first post, so hopefully I am using the correct procedures.
    Sorry that we did not make it either. The boys and I had every intention of attending, but the 30 degree temps and 25 to 30 mph winds at 5 AM drove us back inside. Mainly the wind, and it still has not let up here at the house.
    We did attend church and had a great service.
    See everyone in Paris. (Looks like a much better weather forecast, slight chance of rain Thursday, but then a beautiful weekend!)

Comment

Glad to see you join in with us MX5. Im not shooting because Im sitting at the fire hall where its warm.

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
        Mike & Tracy et al.,
        Sorry that we did not make it either. The boys and I had every intention of attending, but the 30 degree temps and 25 to 30 mph winds at 5 AM drove us back inside. Mainly the wind, and it still has not let up here at the house.
        See everyone in Paris. (Looks like a much better weather forecast, slight chance of rain Thursday, but then a beautiful weekend!)
        Hey Phil glad to see you on here,it just now stoped snowing here. Look forward to seeing everyone in Paris.Kudos to the tuff guys & gals that shot this weekend

Comment

Oh & great user name MX5

Comment

today

We are on the way home long day on the wind about 70 ish shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by eholguin13 View Post
              We are on the way home long day on the wind about 70 ish shooters.
              Wow, Ya'll are tuffer than me or more addicted than me

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                Wow, Ya'll are tuffer than me or more addicted than me
                That one was rougher than a cob...

Thanks again Clifton crew. And another thanks Doc for the Benadryl hookup.

I apologize to anyone within 300 yards of me who had to listen to me sneeze all morning.

Comment

That was you?!?

Comment

I know that the conditions were tough, but just how tough was it?

You guys are definately addicted!!

(Thanks Brett)

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
                      That was you?!?

Almost continuously... and yes, sorry, I'm a loud sneezer.

Comment

Mike & Tracy et al.,
                        Hey Phil...I thought your were already a member here...

At any rate, welcome aboard.

Comment

I know that the conditions were tough, but just how tough was it?

You guys are definately addicted!!

(Thanks Brett)
                          Remember the 2003 Winter Nationals?

Pretty close.

Comment

Jimmy,

2003 Winter Nationals were about 4 years before I ever even picked a bow up, but I'll take your word that it was tough. It was tough to just walk from the house to the barn this afternoon in Palo Pinto county!!

Comment

I heard bad stories about that shoot.

Comment

The condtitions were tough both Saturday and Sunday.

We had 5 shooters Saturday.

Tracy and I, Dan Fowler, Marvin Mullen and Bruce Funk braved rain, cold, some snow and HIGH WIND on Saturday.

On Sunday we had 65 shooters. The rain and snow had passed but it was still cold in the morning and still very windy.

I want to Thank Dan Fowler, Darrell Ivey (Dr. Death), and Jerry Klein with Clifton Archery Club for setting a GREAT course. I also want to Thank them for their hospitality and for their help. I wish the weather had been better but it was still a GREAT shoot.

Comment

Working...
                                X