No announcement yet.

Texas Federation ASA State Qualifier at Brownwood Bowhunters on March 13 & 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Federation ASA State Qualifier at Brownwood Bowhunters on March 13 & 14

The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail is heading Southwest to Brownwood Bowhunters Archery Club on March 13 & 14. Jimmy (CutTheLoop) Fisher and his crew are setting two 30 McKenzie target ranges. One 30 target range for Open shooters and Unlimited and one 30 target range for the Pins, Youth and Eagle classes.

10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, 30 McKenzie targets, 15 known distance targets and 15 unknown distance targets, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes, $16.00 entry fee for young adult and youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced.

We have two new classes for 2010. At the request of many of our female shooters ASA has created a Women’s Known 40 class. The K-40 class competitors will be grouped together or with K-45 shooters. K-40 shooters will be allowed to use range finders on all targets, and NO known distance sheets will be passed out to the shooters in the K-40 and K-45 classes. The other new class is the Youth Pins class. This class was designed to transition youth shooters from NASP and 4-H programs into ASA competition without requiring them to need a target bow, sight/scope, and stabilizer set up to be competitive.

The Shooter of The Year program (North region) will be based on your 6 best qualifier scores out of the 10 North Texas qualifiers PLUS your state championship score. We will be awarding SOY buckles for all adult, young adult, and youth classes (not eagles) for 2010. Classes must average 3 paying competitors per qualifier to be elgible for Shooter of the Year competition.

For a complete schedule, rules, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

Brownwood's range features classic Central Texas terrain. They have a mix of Live Oak, Cedar, and Mesquites with shots across ravines and open pasture shots. Brownwood always sets a fun and challenging course.

Here are the GPS coordinates to the range.

31* 38' 13.83" N
    98* 57' 35.62" W

Here is a link to Brownwood Bowhunters Face Book page. You will find directions to the range and other information.

We will see you there !!!!!

And remember.....

We Are the Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am.

I will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
      I will be there.
      I'm on the fence.

Comment

asa brownwood

I'll be there!

Comment

I'll be there.

Comment

ttt

Comment

trad shooters, early am

Comment

Originally posted by jmark100 View Post
                trad shooters, early am
                most likely...

I'll leave that one up to Mike... I'll be eating breakfast around the time they like to start.

Comment

Yes. 7:30 am start for Traditional class if they choose. They can also go off at 10:00 am with the other shooters.

Comment

I will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by CutTheLoop View Post
                      most likely...

I'll leave that one up to Mike... I'll be eating breakfast around the time they like to start.
                      We still on for Section hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                        We still on for Section hand?
                        Yep

Marty & Julie will be there too, and the usual early risers from BWD.

7:15-7:30 ish

Comment

Yep

Marty & Julie will be there too, and the usual early risers from BWD.

7:15-7:30 ish
                          We'll be there

Comment

Latest from NOAA

Woo-Hoo!!

Mar 13 Saturday
                            Sunshine. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 40s.

Mar 14 Sunday
                            Abundant sunshine. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s.

Comment

Woo-Hoo!!

Mar 13 Saturday
                              Sunshine. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 40s.

Mar 14 Sunday
                              Abundant sunshine. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s.

SAHWWEEETT!!!!! Can't wait

Comment

Working...
                              X