ASA Indoor Shoot Saturday February 6 at Smithfield Archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASA Indoor Shoot Saturday February 6 at Smithfield Archery

ASA (Archery Shooters Association) has created a new indoor archery game. The new ASA Indoor competition is a very different indoor game. This game is not about pounding X's. ASA Indoor will take strategy, concentration as well as shooting skill.

We will be shooting this coming Saturday February 6, 2010 at:

Smithfield Archery
    3733 N Beach St
    Fort Worth, TX 76137
    (817) 759-2220

There will be a 10:00 am line and a 1:00 pm line. Please call 817-759-2220 for line assignments. Entry fee is $20.00 for adults and $12.00 for youth. Cash payback in all adult classes.

The archers will be shooting paper targets at 20 yards that are very similar to the ASA scoring area on 3D animals. The competitors will shoot 10 four arrow ends. The goal is to shoot an 8, 10, 12, and 14 on each end. Only one arrow will be counted for each scoring area hit. A second arrow hitting a scoring area that has already been hit will be counted as a zero. There will be a decreasing time frame as the ends progess. The maximum score for a competition end is 44 points. The maximum score for a competition round is 440 points.

Here is a link to the ASA Indoor Rules:

Go to second post and click on rules.

Here is the target.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ASA Indoor Target 1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	24796031

If this was on Sunday I would come out. Y'all have fun

Comment

Jake and I will be there at 10:00. We need to get a bunch of folks out there. If you have not shot one these they are a lot of fun.

Comment

i will be there.

Comment

My Conqeust got wind of this shoot and hasn't stopped calling my name since. What do you do when your old bow won't SHUTUP?

Comment

Originally posted by mojo360 View Post
            Jake and I will be there at 10:00. We need to get a bunch of folks out there. If you have not shot one these they are a lot of fun.
            Great Joe and Jake. We will you there.

Originally posted by DFWfirefighter View Post
            i will be there.
            Good Deal. You will have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
              My Conqeust got wind of this shoot and hasn't stopped calling my name since. What do you do when your old bow won't SHUTUP?
              Bring the Cquest and the recurve. Shoot one at 10:00 and the other at 1:00.......I know you want to.

Comment

Tood bring out the Con and lets see if it can still shoot.

Comment

I am shooting at 10.

Comment

looks like fun

Comment

I need to find a loaner LONGHORN. Mine is at the lease with my huntin rig, never pulled it out of the case. Stayed TRAD all season.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
                        I need to find a loaner LONGHORN. Mine is at the lease with my huntin rig, never pulled it out of the case. Stayed TRAD all season.
                        Bring Jeff Mc.....he should have a Longhorn and he can shoot his compound and his recurve too.

Comment

Originally posted by hunterman View Post
                          looks like fun

It is fun and its something totally different for an indoor archery game.

Come on down and shoot. We will make sure you have a GREAT time.

Comment

I have never shot one of these but I am going to shoot this one. Are we shooting at high 12s or low 12s?

Comment

what happens if we dont have our own spotter? will someone not shooting help out?

Comment

Working...
                              X