Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please explain the "Screw In Point" Rule???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone please explain the "Screw In Point" Rule???

This just doesn't make any dang sense to me. I see different club shoots, special shoots and even LSBA have his rule in place.

What is the purpose of having a rule only allowing Screw In Points?? Isn't the insert glued in???

Not seeing the logic behind this

It gives the illusion of the arrow being able to be used for hunting...you can unscrew your 35 grain target point and replace it with your 145 grain broadhead and voila! you have a hunting arrow...actually, it harkens back to the days of the 4" fletching rule also, and should probably be removed, but it probably won't...there are still clubs in texas that put you in classes according to your stabilizer length.

Comment

In a Hunter class I do not see a problem with this rule considering in my opinion you should be shoot some sort of hunting set up. If you want to shoot all the glue in points and fancy rigs then move on up into an open class then the sky is the limit.

Comment

It is only in the HUNTER classes that it is required. in Open or in LSBA class MBR , nibs are allowed. IBO was the same way for their hunter class, they even required min. 4" feathers or vanes. Which made blazers illegal. I guess you couldn't hunt with the arrow if it had a glue in tip. ASA has no arrow restrictions regardless of the class.

Comment

Does that mean there is no diameter resrictions either? These guys that shoot broom handles are wearing out the targets.

Comment

There are some diameter resrtictions in ASA .The maximum diameter of arrow shafts will not exceed .422"; the field or glue-in point for these arrows may have a maximum diameter of .425". That is still a 26 or 27/ 64ths size arrow. Not sure aboout the others cause I only shoot ASA and trad shoots.

Comment

Working...
            X