ASA classes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASA classes?

Other than the stabilizer length what is the difference in the Unlimited and Hunter class?

about 5 yards max shot distance.

Comment

I was looking at the classes and past scores and it seems like the unlimited scores are usually lower than the Hunter class. I didn't know if maybe the shots were harder or averaged longer shots or something.

Comment

The unlimited is a 45 yard max where as bowhunter is 40 yard max.

Comment

Is that about it? Do the normally put the unlimited shooters on a different range than the jr eagles? My little boy (4yrs old) shoots with me and he is the real reason that I even go to the shoots. It just seems like there is not as many shooters in that class.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingershooter View Post
            Other than the stabilizer length what is the difference in the Unlimited and Hunter class?
            Shouldn't you be shooting Limited.. fingers?

We could sure use the help in numbers. We are a dying breed. But, we have a lot more fun...I promise.

Comment

I know legacy! Were you at Cowtown? I have been shooting a different bow and using a release with it. I may break out the Ovation and finger fling a few. On the finger class is it fixed pins?

Comment

I know legacy! Were you at Cowtown? I have been shooting a different bow and using a release with it. I may break out the Ovation and finger fling a few. On the finger class is it fixed pins?
                Yes sir, got 2nd at Cowtown.

Limited is any equipment you want....well, except for a release.

Movable sight, lens, pin light, etc etc. 280 fps 40 yard max

Comment

What day did you shoot? We need to meet up if you are going to be at Nocona. I am the one with the little 4yr old boy running around. Does the finger shooters shoot on the pins course? I take my little boy and they keep them on the pins course.

Comment

What day did you shoot? We need to meet up if you are going to be at Nocona. I am the one with the little 4yr old boy running around. Does the finger shooters shoot on the pins course? I take my little boy and they keep them on the pins course.
                    I almost always shoot Sunday.

We shoot the "other" course...Open, scopes etc.

Bring the kid...heck Mike Braden had 3 to keep up with on our range.

If he is shooting fun round, I'm sure they'll make arrangements to let him do "walk ups". Come shoot Brownwood, I can make that happen.

Not sure I'll make Nocona...but will every other.

Comment

I will be there for sure Legacy. I am from Coleman and used to shoot there years back! I may bring my finger rig and give it hell in Bwood!

Comment

I will be there for sure Legacy. I am from Coleman and used to shoot there years back! I may bring my finger rig and give it hell in Bwood!

Comment

Maybe someone who knows will chime in, but I heard people saying you couldn't move around in classes in a year once you shot in another class. Not sure if this is accurate or not.

Comment

You are allowed one move per year. You cannot make a move to a lesser class or shorter distance. You can always move up, that is the natural progression of asa. Mike can make special allowances for a shooter if if he in a class well above his capabilities though. The goal is for everybody to have fun and be competitive

Comment

Working...
                            X