3D Shoot Opinions Wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Shoot Opinions Wanted.

Give me some feedback on an idea I/we/others have.

All I want is the general concensus on whether or not a 3D shoot with two different orgainizations would make you more likely to attend a shoot location for the weekend and shoot both shoots.

Here is what I am considering; hosting an ASA and LSBA shoot simultaneously at Abilene on 17-18. There would be two 30 target ranges, two sign-up tables and two different award ceremonies. The start times would be off-set by 30 minutes.

What do you think?

All the logistics are covered/considered; just need to know if you would be more likely to shoot both organizations over the two day period.

Not sure I would want to carry twice the equipment around. My ASA rig is not legal for LSBA.

Comment

Why don't you make it a Trifecta and host an IBO qualifier at the same time? The LSBA rules are the same as IBO, and you'd be doin us IBO shooters a favor and savin us a trip to Kansas for a 30 target shoot...just a thought.

Comment

You could always shoot one or the other as a warm up!

Comment

IMO the LSBA dropped the ball and now is desperate to make it up. I will NOT attend another shoot in Abilene if this poor of logistics between the club and organization is allowed. Not to be threatening, but ASA puts a lot more work and focus on making sure everything is taken care of, and people are notified of dates and potential conflict well ahead of time. The high attendance number are because the ASA has been working very hard to grow, and then LSBA will show up and benefit from that. If they dropped the ball, they should suffer the consequences. Also, why would hey not try to contact Mike for any potential conflicts? And did the money for targets come from revenue generated by LSBA shoots or ASA shoots? Just not a good idea to mix orgs.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            IMO the LSBA dropped the ball and now is desperate to make it up. I will NOT attend another shoot in Abilene if this poor of logistics between the club and organization is allowed. Not to be threatening, but ASA puts a lot more work and focus on making sure everything is taken care of, and people are notified of dates and potential conflict well ahead of time. The high attendance number are because the ASA has been working very hard to grow, and then LSBA will show up and benefit from that. If they dropped the ball, they should suffer the consequences. Also, why would hey not try to contact Mike for any potential conflicts? And did the money for targets come from revenue generated by LSBA shoots or ASA shoots? Just not a good idea to mix orgs.

Forgive me,

but I don't understand why you would hold the Abilene club accountable to the point of boycott, when all we are trying to do is foster the sport of 3D archery, and Bow Hunting.

I thought that was all our goals. I guess I was wrong.
            Sorry.

Comment

Bhtxn,
              I never asked for an opinion on who dropped a ball. "Chaos creates opportunity" this our opportunity! It is also a chance for both organizations to experience one another. What better oppotunity could you ask for; drive to one location for two shoots! If nothing else shoot one as a practice shoot for the other. It is a " win/win" for us and the shooters who realize an opportunity when they see one.
              I appreciate your concerns; Even though you are way off base!

Next?

Comment

This might just be a good way to promote both organizations. I will have to admit I was hoping the LSBA shoot would have been rescheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
                  Why don't you make it a Trifecta and host an IBO qualifier at the same time? The LSBA rules are the same as IBO, and you'd be doin us IBO shooters a favor and savin us a trip to Kansas for a 30 target shoot...just a thought.
                  I'll give you one good reason.

Because if the IBO sanctions the shoot(an they must if it is to be a qualifier) they get $5 per head for anyone who draws a bow on the clubs property for the weekend. Regardless of which range the archer shoots or if they shoot the IBO side or not.

We had an IBO world qualifier last year... was planning to do the combo shoot this year with our ASA qualifier... I have dropped the IBO qualifier...just sayin.

May or may not be an issue for any particular club...but I found it to be an "interesting" detail.

Comment

Originally posted by bowpro12 View Post
                    Give me some feedback on an idea I/we/others have.

All I want is the general concensus on whether or not a 3D shoot with two different orgainizations would make you more likely to attend a shoot location for the weekend and shoot both shoots.
                    No it wouldn't.

Comment

For the record.....bowpro12 and I have throughly discussed this issue. Myself and the ASA national leadership have approved the dual shoot if it is what Abilene and LSBA want to do. I am for promoting archery and 3D. I am also totally commited to helping our clubs be successful.

There were some scheduling conflicts. If holding both organization's events at Abilene on the same weekend will resolve the scheduling issue then I am for it. I approached this very carefully and made sure the ASA National Federation Director was onboard. He is fine with the concept. This is not something that we are going to do on a regular basis. We are doing it to help Abilene, an ASA Certified Club, with this LSBA scheduling issue. I think it can be a win win deal for both groups.

If we proceed with this idea there will be two separate 30 target courses. One for ASA and one for LSBA. Basically two separate events on the same property.

Comment

Less likely for various reasons.

Comment

but should not be allowed to practice one day then shoot the next on same cource, ya know its gonna try to happen.

Comment

well apparently my opinion was a little harsh for some. it really isnt about promoting the sport of 3D or a combo shoot would have been tried already. it was more about who has to CTA at the last minute without regarding the shooters or work involved in scheduling from the beginning.
                            Last edited by bowhuntntxn; 01-23-2010, 06:22 AM.

Comment

By having two groups shoot that close together, wouldn't this make the wait to shoot the next target be even worst?

There might be people that want to shoot both? A day at shooting 60 targets would be kind of tough.

Sorry, I was already planning to attend the Abilene ASA tournament. But I didn't know you were going to be double booked .

Comment

Working...
                              X