6.5 Grendel Factory Hunting Load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 Grendel Factory Hunting Load

What round are you using in 6.5G for deer and pigs? Pleased with the performance? Bonus points if you are shooting out of a shorter barrel.

Have shot several hogs, javelina and 2 deer with Hornady Black Eldm.
    Hogs and javi in shoulder and DRT. Deer in the neck, same DRT

Comment

Quite a few deer, some 40# hogs and a couple javelinas. All high shoulder and dead right there. Hornady SST 123gr.

Comment

Hornady SST 123gr and Hornady Black 123gr.
        1st one out of 12.5" AR by Sgt of Arms
        2nd one out of a 14" CVA Single shot Pistol

Both have worked well but I think I give slight edge to SST. Seems more animals hit the ground quicker with about 50 animals Hogs/yotes being shot so far with them at a 50/50 ratio on ammo choice.
        Last edited by splitbeam145; 06-18-2024, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Sst and eldm both work well.
          I have been using druid hill with the 95 gr tipped rex maker bullets and they have been nasty on the deer and pigs I have shot

Comment

I’ve burned through a lot of 123 SSTs and ELD-Ms on hogs. Both will work, but the SSTs seem to perform a little better in the Grendel.

Comment

SSTs didn’t shoot well for me. ELDm shoots outstanding but I had two pigs run off last week. Guess I need to shoot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                I’ve burned through a lot of 123 SSTs and ELD-Ms on hogs. Both will work, but the SSTs seem to perform a little better in the Grendel.
                Feel the same way.

Comment

SST's out of my 16" all day. Whitetail, axis and hogs

Comment

I really like the 120gr soft point from Sierra, Legal Administrative Assistant opening
                    I've had excellent results with it- both accuracy and performance on hogs and whitetails.

Comment

Hornady Black 123 ELD-M has killed a handful of deer and just as many pigs.

Out of a 20” Howa and 12.5” AR.

Comment

Working...
                      X