35 remington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35 remington

Any body have one that they use? My son picket one up the other day. After a little ballistics research I'm intrigued by this round.

I’ve killed a lot of animals with it since the seventies, even had a bunch (maybe 60 out of 250 ?) of Marlin SS LTD’s, one of which I converted a 444 XLR to Straight Stock.

The 35 Rem just ain’t magic and I like 30-30 better any day of the week. Magic is the 444 Marlin.

The 35 Rem needs to die now that the 360 Buckhammer is here.
    Last edited by Voodoo; 06-14-2024, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I have a couple of them nearly the perfect round for hunting deer in the timber.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
        I have a couple of them nearly the perfect round for hunting deer in the timber.
        My dad’s 35 was bought for hunting the woods of PA. It’s a hammer.

Comment

I have a Super 14 T/C barrel I've put a lot of rounds through back in the 1990s to about 2002. Mostly hand loads. Shot turky, deer, pigs, paper, and what ever else. Shot my last pistol deer just below the chin in the neck with it at 101 yards. Have a Burris 1.5-4x20 on top. My great-grandfather bought a Rem Model 8 in 35 Rem when they first came out. Simi auto rifle. It is also what Frank Hammer used to dispatch Bonny and Clyde.

Comment

I always wanted one, but never dropped the hammer. Ammo is pretty hard to come by now. If I had bought one, I would probably have loaded for it though. Besides, I have a .375 Winchester so I’ve got the woods gun covered.

Comment

I don’t hunt much these days but my #1 rifle for the last 30+ years is a Remington 760 pump in 35 Rem. A lot of white tails and pigs have been taken with that gun and even a couple of mule deer.

Ammo has been hard to find the last few years and it is expensive. I was in Academy yesterday and they had a few boxes of the Hornady lever ammo and it was over $50 per box.

Comment

On a positive note, the LeverE is a great round for the caliber.

Comment

I have never owned a 35 Remington, but always wanted one. I have a buddy at work that inherent his father's guns. He loaded that Marlin with 30-30 shells, after having sticky extraction after three shots he figured out it was a 35 Remington.

Comment

Good round for deer and pigs. Lever action or Contender.

Comment

The 35 Remington is a cast bullet shooting marvel. If you reload, try the RCBS 200 gr flat point, cast from wheel weights and a bit of tin. Thor's hammer inside of 150 yards.

Comment

I’ve got a couple Marlins in 35 Remington…
                        it’s a good round… Midway USA has ammo right now pretty reasonable priced…

Comment

Anyone else ever use the Remington 150gr in 35Rem? I have in one of my Contenders. Very hard to find now. It's a flat shoot-n round. And I've seen what it does to critters.

Comment

I’ve got a super 14 contender in one it’s pretty darn accurate and hits hard. I shoot 200gr bullets at 18-1900fps.

Comment

Working...
                            X