mop sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mop sauce

Does anyone have a good mopping sauce for smoked pork ribs?

Don't know about a recipe, But I can tell you what I put in mine.
    olive oil, Italian dressing, a little apple cider vinegar, cut up onion, few lemons (squeeze the juice in the mixture then chunk the left over peel and pulp in there also), worsteshire, some butter, and season with some rib rub. Oh, and add a beer.

Comment

never forget the beer, no mopping sauce is worth anything without beer

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneS View Post
        never forget the beer, no mopping sauce is worth anything without beer
        Is that for the sauce or to kill the time during the cooking?

Comment

beer, onion, lemon salt, pepper, butter, worcistershire, pickling spice, water.

Comment

one bottle Stubbs original bbq sauce, 1/2 bottle of honey, (the bear size) and1/2 bottle tabasco chipotle sauce. Adjust mixture to your taste. This works great on ribs or chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
              Does anyone have a good mopping sauce for smoked pork ribs?
              hmmm.

If you are doing smoked pork ribs on the pit and need a mop sauce you are probably cooking too hot. They should be fine and juicy with just the dry rub paste ( I use dry rub and worchestershire) if you stay around 210-225.

Now a finishing mop on a hot fire is another story...I cut the smoked ribs into 3 rib pieces and baste with 2/3 spicy red mop and 1/3 honey and cook flipping hot and fast on the grill till the honey caramelizes and pull each piece off as it's done with the tongs.

Comment

Working...
              X