Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Looking for some Rio Spring turkey action!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for some Rio Spring turkey action!

Guys,

My buddy and I are looking to hunt the TX country for some Rio's. I chase them in KS every Spring and have dozens under my belt. However, I hunted TX for them once a decade ago and LOVED it. It's been calling me back ever since.

This year, I thought I would look into trying to piggy back a TX detour at the end of my KS hunt.

The dates for my KS hunt are April 13th-19th. It's with some good buddies and we do more than just turkey hunting that's why it's for so many days.

So this all being said, I need the TX leg to be from Thursday April the 19th to Sunday the 22nd. The only way I could afford an additional hunt like this is to build it into the KS trip, saving on airfare and also talking to you guys and hopefully finding a cheap Rio hunting opportunity. A few days, two birds each, and ideally some accomodations.

Looking for a low key hunt...no fancy ranches or nice lodges...no high hunter throughput outfitter. Just a farmer or local that has access to Rio turkey ground. There have got to be people in TX that have plenty of land with plenty of turkeys and they don't even hunt them because they are deer and hog hunters.

Hoping someone may know of a situation that would be along the lines of what we are trying to find. By the way, we would want to use shotguns since we would only have a few days.

We are both 29 and are addicted turkey hunters! Have been doing it for years and years. Both very experienced and would be happy to teach someone that has not done it before. I actually was a regional junior turkey calling champion for 3 years in a row when I was younger. To me, chasing turkeys in the Spring is one small step above chasing monster bucks in the Fall! Absolutely love it.

Even if you just have some ideas of where to refer me to check around and see if I can find something, that'd be great!

Much appreciated and looking forward to any thoughts.

Thanks,
    Scott
    asgftw@gmail.com
Working...
X