• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just killed a pretty big sow.

Comment

[ATTACH]1111880[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Yak blue View Post
        Is that one of those yurts? Looks fun…Those are in the state park? Post a review on how they sleep when the hunt is done. I’d like to stay in one of those with the wife and kid one day.
        Yes sir that's one of the yurts. I'll post interior pics later. They seem like they will be good to go.

Comment

Nothing for us tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
            Nothing for us tonight.
            Good (better) luck tomorrow.

We're in yurt #4. Y'all swing by tomorrow after the morning hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
              Good (better) luck tomorrow.

We're in yurt #4. Y'all swing by tomorrow after the morning hunt.

Will do. We’re in number 6. 2 black trucks.

About to hit the sack for a long and brutal hike in tomorrow morning! Looks like it’s gonna rain all night at least.

Comment

Got dad dropped off and settled in. I got to my stand 20 or so minutes ago.

Biologist told me and dad that he thought our hogs were the only thing killed yesterday.

All day yesterday and last night (on the stand and driving around) I didn't see a single deer. Hopefully that will turn around for everyone hunting here and we're all able to start getting on some deer. But I'm grateful to be here and be able to hang with my dad and have some quality time with him.

Comment

Best of luck and congrats on the pork.

Rwc

Comment

Had a doe come in a bit ago but no shot.

Comment

Heard a couple of shots this morning. Sounds like they came from the same spot. I'm close(ish) to the property line so I'm not sure of it was a drawn hunter or private land. Either way I hope they got something.

So far dad and myself have not saw any critters.

Comment

I hear pigs squealing off in the brush. Hopefully they'll swing by here.

Comment

Ended up not seeing those hogs. Dad didn't see anything this morning either.

Comment

Delks processing

Delks on the north side of town does a good job with processing deer and pork at a decent price

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                              Settled in for a long strenuous hunt!

Kinda wish the pop up was bright red and said Coleman!

I remember that spot! That’s where I hunted back in 2013. I had a ladder on the big tree by the road right across from the bathrooms. Shot one doe on the road between me and the bathrooms and the other between the picnic table and fire ring! Good luck! Keep us posted!

Comment

What a fun hunt! Last time we camped there we were just around the corner from the yurts....several deer would come by in the a.m. when Ize out drinkin coffee...and they may have loved tortillas!
                                Good luck y'all!

Comment

Working...
                                X