Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
    Impressive!
    Thanks but it was completely unintentional, It took me a moment to realize what just happened as hogs scattered everywhere. Then I realized the sow fell over 20 yards away and the 2 little ones were in a bind.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
      Thanks but it was completely unintentional, It took me a moment to realize what just happened as hogs scattered everywhere. Then I realized the sow fell over 20 yards away and the 2 little ones were in a bind.

I couldn’t help but smile as I read that. Lol
      Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
        I couldn’t help but smile as I read that. Lol

Congratulations!
        Ha, yeah I can't take credit for much on that. It just happened that way.

I had a GoPro on my head, kind of want to watch it and hear my own reaction[emoji28]

Comment

Snuck up on a sounder of sleeping hogs today on a public hunt, got to about 10 yards and shot the sow, passed through and actually killed all 3 hogs with one shot. See arrow in the 2 small hogs stuck together.

And that’s why they call you Mr Public. Lol. Good shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
            And that’s why they call you Mr Public. Lol. Good shot

Ha, I was just happy I got my arrow back and unbroken! I told myself NO MORE SHOOTING HOGS when deer hunting. I ruined several prime locations this season shooting hogs, attracting coyotes and hundreds of buzzards for several days. Blew out the areas. This hunt I was strictly on the ground, moving constantly rattling. Just so happened to walk up on them dead asleep in the sun warming up. Did not take much effort or skill besides the depth of coverage.

I want to see some more public land game taken this season! Where's everyone at! Com'on! Y'all all can't STILL be hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
              Missed this thread.

NM public land guided from the first of November.

[ATTACH]1075788[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1075789[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
              Great bull, waydago!

Comment

LBJ or Caddo? Great Buck, and great pics too.

Comment

My son killed these two at Garner SP over the New Years weekend. It’s his first axis.

Comment

Congratulations to your son!! I see some good eating right there.

Comment

Debated with myself for a long time about sharing this at all...here goes.

6 days apart from the previous buck(150 2/8")

Set a record #1

Main frame 9, with twelve scoreable points( 2 rear points behind bases lower than brows)

~168" minus a broke drop that would have been knocking at the door of 170"( for those who care about score)
                      VERY blessed again this year. Passed many deer & passed more than I've ever had opportunities at in any season. This one grew as I approached him. Watched him for almost 20 minutes before the shot(2 camera angles showed the hunt and ALL the emotions) less than 200 yards from the location of my last buck taken there.

Both hunts were filmed and the recovery, still contemplating on whether to share those hunts publicly. What say ye?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

You're doing all the good. Really nice looking buck. Congratulations!!

What you share is entirely up to you.

Comment

Set a record #1

Main frame 9, with twelve scoreable points( 2 rear points behind bases lower than brows)

~168" minus a broke drop that would have been knocking at the door of 170"( for those who care about score)
                          VERY blessed again this year. Passed many deer & passed more than I've ever had opportunities at in any season. This one grew as I approached him. Watched him for almost 20 minutes before the shot(2 camera angles showed the hunt and ALL the emotions) less than 200 yards from the location of my last buck taken there.

Both hunts were filmed and the recovery, still contemplating on whether to share those hunts publicly. What say ye?

I wish you would share the hunts so I could see it all. Love watching guys get it done, it is inspiring.

Comment

Set a record #1

It’s not just luck that consistently gets you on to quality mature deer. I know there are those that bash you on this forum, but it takes a tremendous amount of scouting and knowledge to even get close to deer of this caliber on public, let alone get a shot. I, for one, would love to hear the recap of the hunt and any details you may want to share leading up to it. That being said, I know how incredibly competitive public land is so I understand if you don’t want to divulge much. Congrats on the kills this year! Those are deer of a lifetime for many of us (me included) and you knocked down two, on public, in the same year. That’s outstanding!

Comment

Set a record #1

I'd watch.

Comment

Bring it Bludau.

You had a fantastic year and should be proud.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220107-120357_Google.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	24673701

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X