Low Poundage Compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Poundage Compound

I'd like to get back into shooting a compound but need a Lower Poundage Bow (#70-80 pull and back/shoulder Injury ... Don't Mix . I just couldn't pull it back so I sold it)
    Any suggestions as to brand or what I should be looking out for on the used market.... I'd need a 28-30 " Draw and would like something in the 40-50 Poundage Range.

I shoot a 60# Bow Madness XS turned down to 52#. It has a smooth draw cycle and 65 or 85% letoff, so you can hold it pretty easy. Also not that expensive compared to a lot of bows. I don't doubt that it will kill anything I come up against around here with the setup I have.

Comment

try the 55 or 60 lb Mathews EZ. It is extreemly smooth and EZ to pull

Comment

There's no shortage of great bows out now, that will do the job perfectly, with you drawing in the mid-50's.

Comment

50#s is plenty. Just shoot accurately.

Comment

My dad has shoulder problems and has had to drop down on his draw weight also. He is probably gonna get a new bow next year , and is lookin at a couple of the different mission bows. Great bows for the money! He is shooting an old pse fireflite right now so anything will be an upgrade! He really needs the 80% let off more than anything

Comment

I have foudn if you get a Mathews and want to shoot 55#, get one with the 40-50# limbs. Bottom the limbs all the way down and it will reach your 54-55#.
              Many people hunt with bows around 50# and doing just fine!

Comment

My dad is in the same boat. Has a Bowtech he bought 2 years ago and only ran probably 10 arrows through it because of his shoulder. Mission has some good bows. Diamond has the Razors Edge that can adjust from 30 to 60 without changing the limbs out and the draw length is adjustable

Comment

You might look at the Quest bows. They won't break the bank and I've heard a lot of favorable comments on them. I have a Torch, and couldn't be happier with it.

Comment

Same here trashed my left shoulder 10 yrs ago. Picked up a Quest Smoke for around $600 and love it. Not to mention it is very smooth And quite.

Comment

Working...
                    X