New Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bow

I'm thinking of getting a new bow this year. I have always shot PSE. I need the most forgiving bow I can find cause no matter how much I practice "buck fever" gives me the shakes every time I shoot at an animal. Anybody have info on a more forgiving bow.

We can all make bow suggestions but how bout getting rid of the buck fever too?

My suggestion

1. shoot as many bows as you can and see what IS right for you.

2. sit on stand and let deer walk, draw on deer and hold-don't shoot, Doing this for a while will help with the fever.

Comment

Find a good bow shop and just like he said, shoot as many as you can. I'm shooting a Mission Voyager, which is made by Mathews, but will likely switch to a Hoyt before next season. I've shot a couple Hoyts and found them to be more forgiving, at least for me.

Comment

I hunt my own land and there are not many deer. I see maybe 2 or 3 a year in range. It's pretty hard to let him walk. I see lots of pigs. I let them walk a lot and still every time I decide to draw for a shot I shake like you wouldn't belive.

Comment

Originally posted by steve corn View Post
          I hunt my own land and there are not many deer. I see maybe 2 or 3 a year in range. It's pretty hard to let him walk. I see lots of pigs. I let them walk a lot and still every time I decide to draw for a shot I shake like you wouldn't belive.
          Less letting them walk and more taking shots will help with those shakes!

Comment

New bow

I have been hunting for 50 of my 59 yrs and don't know what buck fever is, but I've seen my brother in law fire 4 rounds in the air and the deer doing like what's up w/ that. So I guess it's real. The closest I've had was the feeling after I shot a 16 pt., uncontrolable shakes. Maybe the fever was there but the sight of a monster masked it. Last year, my first bow hunt I drew on 1 of 5 does, but let down and afterwards I was hyperventilating, spots in front of my eyes and I know if I stood up I would have fallen out of the tree stand. That was excitement...just being that close to animals. Like other replies to the cure, shoot, shoot, shoot...but be ethicle. Try letting arrows fly at hogs. If like most South Texas ranches, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of them.

Comment

Mathews single cam bows

Originally posted by steve corn View Post
              I'm thinking of getting a new bow this year. I have always shot PSE. I need the most forgiving bow I can find cause no matter how much I practice "buck fever" gives me the shakes every time I shoot at an animal. Anybody have info on a more forgiving bow.
              Have a look at the Mathews Switchback LD - one of the most forgiving and smoothest bows. Not that fast though (295 fps).

Dave

Comment

pse xforce7..still kickin...

Comment

of course i recommend the new G5, Quest bow's. i loved mine.

Comment

Shoot them all and figure out which one you like. Just like said before in alot of these type of post everyone has there own opinion of what shoots good but every person for there selves. Every bow shoots different with different people. Good luck on your search and let us know what you end up getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow_Explorer View Post
                      Have a look at the Mathews Switchback LD - one of the most forgiving and smoothest bows. Not that fast though (295 fps).

Dave
                      X2 on the switchback, very forgiving bow...I would definitely shoot one before you make a decision. Switchback LD or XT, you can find them for around 500$ for a full setup.

Comment

Of course look at all brands with good reps. But most brands still have different models. IF you are looking for something more forgiving look at the ones that have a more brace hight and longer Axle to Axle after you get a few narrowed down.

Comment

another advertiser

Originally posted by hdly2010
                          Wholesale headphones can be a nice fature business.

Been get'n a lot of these guys here lately! Go get a life, you just make us not want to buy your junk!

Comment

i would say take him to bass pro shops for the razors edge (preferrably the pearland bass pro, send me a pm for info if you want...

Comment

Nothing at all wrong with picking a PSE. My 2nd and 3d compounds are PSE, my son's kid bow and then adult bow are PSE. My friend I'm going pigs hunting with tonite upgraded his old Browning and shot them 'all', and liked the PSE plus it was less than some of the other brands.

Comment

Working...
                              X