Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking fantastic.
    Clearly a labor of love.
    I wouldn't have the patience for a project like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      Like I said before I can't wait to play this game when you bring it to the next Bownanza

Do they still do Bownanza in Bryan/College Station?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BOWtechnicianTX View Post
        Do they still do Bownanza in Bryan/College Station?

Yes sirree! Team Fish Head rocks!

Comment

Awesome. In that case getting this Bownanza is a real possibility. I live in College Station.

May be easier to have a beer night at the house, and have y’all over lol. It’s a production to move this thing

Comment

When the new 2023 Bownanza forum is started (usually in Jan), just jump in and start a "Team Pinball" thread. You may have to give ticket numbers out for people in line. And you will wind up having all the help you want.

Comment

I bet you could even get a little TBH compition going. And there'd be people to volunteer to keep top over all scores. And I'm sure some prizes would be donated.

Just some thoughts.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-23-2022, 12:17 PM.

Comment

All caught up from the start. This is an awesome project, I’m sure you’re proud of the outcome to date!

Comment

Was just looking at machine trying to trouble shoot the score display and realized I had the cable polarity switched around on one end. I now have some legible messages!

Still have some out segments, but those are likely cold solder joints that I can correct!

Comment

Diverter flat cam has been replaced and diverter works as it should!

Processor for CPU will arrive tomorrow, and I will have 100% of my sound effects.

These two items will complete the mechanical side of things, and pinball machine will be 100% functional.

Comment

Comment

So are parts readily available and affordable? How much was CPU?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                          So are parts readily available and affordable? How much was CPU?

Most parts are readily available for these system 11 pinball machines. The affordable aspect totally depends on what your trying to find. Some parts are expensive due to the complexity of making them, and some parts are expensive due to demand/supply. And some parts of more universal for old and new machines, so prices aren’t bad for that stuff.

The CPU was right under 600. There’s maybe 2-3 who people who offer replacement CPUs for these system 11 games. Like anything quality generally will dictate price. The first CPU I ordered was right around 500 and was awful. It was a foreign made product, advertised to me fully produced by a builder (far from the truth)

Another company offers one for around 550.

The one I ordered is the best quality reproduction you can buy. It has upgrade components, and built by a very reputable builder. I waited around 2.5 months for the CPU.

I was very fortunate, that minus the damaged CPU. My machine was nearly fully intact with exception to some broken plastics and what not.

Comment

Thanks for responding. I guess a real factor when considering a restoration or even buying a working machine would be price and availability of the professor. I’d like to have a working pinball machine some day. Enjoy your build

Comment

Also still working on getting a gameplay video posted!

Comment

Working...
                              X