need a bow hanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a bow hanger

looking to build a hanger for the garage to go above my bow bench to hold up to 6 bows....hang from either the wall or could mount to ceiling....ideas? pics?

could be steel or wood.

Comment

Let me get to Tapatalk and I will post up what I did. I think I could hold 12. Worked perfect for tuning a bunch of bows.

Comment

Here you go. A very simple and inexpensive solution that worked perfectly. Holds 10 bows but you would simply buy whatever length board to fit your needs.

It is just a primed 1"x4" from Lowes and 10 screw in hooks that were already coated in rubber. I drilled pilot holes for everything and put it into the stud all the way down. I think I countersunk the screw holes too.

Comment

Can't find a pic of it full but here is 8 bows hanging on it.

Comment

That looks pretty good. Any concerns storing them out of the case?

Comment

Originally posted by Japeatr View Post
              That looks pretty good. Any concerns storing them out of the case?
              They weren't stored there. They were hanging to have work done. Tunes, strings, setups, etc.

Comment

i like it....i have really high ceilings so i will have to do a little modifying....no biggy. looks simple and cheap....

Comment

I'm gonna be building a stand alone 4-bow hanger out of scrap wood. I'll post a build-along so that you can see what all I do. It'll be a bit overbuilt, but I have a habit of going to the extreme.

Comment

Ok.. Looking forward to it

Comment

I have a bunch of the rubber coated hooks in the ceiling joist in my garage over my workbench. I've been hanging my hunting bows there for years.

Comment

Similar to the ceiling mount. I just used the longer holders to stick out farther from the wall.

Comment

Another

Based on another I saw on here:

Comment

Working...
                          X