BEWARE of Central Texas Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEWARE of Central Texas Air

They are based out of Bryan Texas, but service all of central Texas. My dad's geothermal a/c/heating unit went out last year about this time. He has had the same unit for
    27 years with no problems. It finally went out. He had them come out since they were one of the only companies around that sold this type of unit. They came out and assessed his situation and ended up selling him an 8k dollar Carrier geothermal system that will not work. My Dad lives out in the country and has well water that has a lot of iron ore in it. It stains everything red. The old system worked fine on this water. The new system will not work on it at all. After the sale was complete and he started having issues, they came back out several times trying to figure out what was wrong. They don't have a certified tech to work on this type of system as it turns out, so they have to call tech support each time they come out to diagnose. The guy that sold this system left the company before the issues started. Now that he is having all these issues with the system not working, they are saying that it is due to the water and he should have had them drill 5 recirculating wells for it to run off of. These cost about 1800 each. They never mention this while selling him the system. Further questioning and research has found that a geothermal system should never ne sold without a filter system as well. Bottom line is, they took the easy road and sold him a system that won't work in his application ans they knew it. They still contend that it is not there responsibility to disclose this information, that they just sell what the customer asks for. He is 75 yrs old and has a fixed income that due to the market is very limited now. I am so peaved at this company for putting the screws to my Dad. They full well knew that this system was nothing like the old 27 yr old sysyem he had and that it would not work on his well water. The owner just says sorry, we just sell what people ask for, we don't tell them what they should get. We actually called Carrier Enterprises and they say we just assume that our dealers explain and sell based on need. They said the dealer says its a water problem and not a factory problem, so you are SOL. This company is SCUM, and I am going to make sure as many people know this about them as I possibly can. He will have to have a brand new 8k system torn out and a completely new type of system installed. Sorry for the long rant, but I am really peaved that they took advantage of him.
    Last edited by Brian H; 03-13-2012, 07:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Working...
X