First kill with my first bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First kill with my first bow

Got into this bow thing after other lease guys got started. Bought a Red Head (Diamond) from Bass Pro. I thought it was going to take a while to get used to. Wasn't as bad as I thought, bow shoots real smooth. Went out on opening day looking for anything, we have plenty of hogs and deer. Just wanted something in my shooting range. I told myself I was not going to shoot over 20 yards. Old Oreo as I have named him came into the feeder area with not a care in the world. I guess he was looking for some more of that corn I have been religiously been slinging out for the whole forest. Came in at 7:30 am, the rest is history. Double lung shot (lucky shot) and he only went 50 yards and crashed into the woods. Can't wait for the deer to give me a chance. Good luck to everyone, this bow hunting thing is really addictive. Cuz Strickland from Mossy Oak warned me about this a few months ago, he really knew what he was talking about. Thanks Jareb (Pearland Bass Pro Archery Shop) for getting me set up with my new bow.

Congrats on your first bow kill!!Good luck with the deer.

Bisch

Comment

Congrats on the porker and your first bow kill !!!!

Comment

congrats on first bow kill !

Comment

Way to go, now be prepared. It aint always that easy.

Comment

Your right about it not being that easy. I left out the part where I felt like I was not going to be able to get to full draw. I was trying to watch the hog and draw at the same time. There was that moment of panic when I couldn't get past half draw. I guess I forgot to lock my support arm, it's all in the details. One thing at a time, smooth is fast and fast is smooth, or at least that's the way it works with my 1911. Still having to make some adjustments with shooting a bow, but still loads of fun. Planning on puttiing some 3-d targets in the back acre at home.

Comment

Good for you, great story.

Comment

congrats on the first kill. Its a great feeling.

Comment

Congratulations and enjoy the addiction.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

congrats

Comment

your hooked now! welcome to the better side of hunting!

Comment

Working...
                              X