No announcement yet.

Fuel prices are nuts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it changed as soon as I traded my diesel truck in for a gas one. Figures. And the diesel got almost 10 more mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
      Spot on. For decades this is the way it was. Glad to the the reversion and hope it stays that way.

It can’t. It’s only that way in a few place’s because of contract pricing and low sales.

Diesel is first out of the stacks, but it has to be re-refined because of the ultra-low sulfur requirements. It’s not cheap to refine a fuel twice…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

gas prices are like kids on a trampoline around here--

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
          gas prices are like kids on a trampoline around here--

yep. same here in Sherman. drop slowly down to around 2.85 then overnight leap .30 cents. ****** me off and no rational explanation. Diesel dropped at or below gas couple weeks ago

Comment

I remember when diesel was .25

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
              Cheapest I have found has been 3.39 . But I get anywhere from .11 cents to .20 cents a call back with my upside app.
              I have quit using my upside app for the last month and a half. It's only been 1 to 3 cents per gallon when I need to fill my truck up around here. So I have been using my walmart+ to get 10 cents off per gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                I have quit using my upside app for the last month and a half. It's only been 1 to 3 cents per gallon when I need to fill my truck up around here. So I have been using my walmart+ to get 10 cents off per gallon.

Yeah then it’s definitely not worth it then .

Comment

This was in 2019 at the little store in Briggs. It was half way between the house and the new place we had bought. I was making the drive every day for months building our new place so it helped us a lot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I talked to a fellow towing a toy hauler with a 6.2 gasser a few weeks ago . He said he was about to switch to a new 6.7 diesel. His take was they’re gonna run the price of gas up to make electric vehicles look more appealing, yet keep the diesel price where it’s at since the country runs on diesel to get goods to the stores.

Interesting theory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                      I talked to a fellow towing a toy hauler with a 6.2 gasser a few weeks ago . He said he was about to switch to a new 6.7 diesel. His take was they’re gonna run the price of gas up to make electric vehicles look more appealing, yet keep the diesel price where it’s at since the country runs on diesel to get goods to the stores.

Interesting theory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      I think you’re on the right track
                      I have a sister in Los Angeles California and the local & state government
                      Doesn’t like gas and tax it heavily, diesel not as much

Comment

Fuel prices are nuts here!

Off topic, but saw this recently in my out of state travels and was cornfused- no explanation as to what separated one flavor from the other- (there was an upcharge to the premium- .10-.20 cents or so)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Several years ago, during the run-up of oil to over $100, the (federal) congressmen from oil-producing areas gave a presentation to their colleagues about oil production. At the time, diesel fuel was more expensive than gasoline. In response to the higher price of diesel, during the presentation, one of the democrat congresswomen asked the question, "Why don't they just drill for more diesel?!"
                          That is who is running the country.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                            I think you’re on the right track
                            I have a sister in Los Angeles California and the local & state government
                            Doesn’t like gas and tax it heavily, diesel not as much
                            I hate California and can’t understand why she lives there
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              One could argue the price of food is up because of fuel costs.

But the more logical argument is, DUMPING TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS INTO THE MARKET these last 3 years is what caused the rise in prices across the board.
                              But….but…..everyone got their PPP and stimulus ‘free’ monies (well, not everybody)……

Comment

Working...
                              X