No announcement yet.

2023 RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIMFO was great last year, we went back in July and it's way too crowded. They must have built another 150 cabins, and that many more under construction. Unless they put in another pool and stuff up top with the cabins, I won't go back.

The cabins attract a different element as well, that trash up the place.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
      Recently went to Camp Fimfo on the Guadalupe- way over priced and over crowded for what it is . Ryan Bingham concert was cool though.

then to Blanco state park- full hook ups were nice but water not flowing over falls was a bit of a buzz kill

Then it was Perdenales state park, once again the drought is hitting it hard. Deer in camp was cool.

This weekend it’s Beachfront Rv , Surfside, Tx. We’ve stayed here several times in the past- the attached Restaurant and live bands on the weekends makes it nice.
      we did femfo last year and it was nice but will not go back.

we like bluewater at surfside and we’re there 2 weeks ago. Where is this beach front park you stayed?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post

we did femfo last year and it was nice but will not go back.

we like bluewater at surfside and we’re there 2 weeks ago. Where is this beach front park you stayed?
        It feels about a mile and a half or so to the east / left after you come over the big bridge on 322.
        Here’s what it looks like from the beach side.

Attached Files

Comment

I must warn- not sure if it’s a Surfside thing or a this RV park thing- but the tap water here has a heck of a salty taste to it.
          The park recommends bringing your own water for drinking and such.

Comment

We parked ours after an early June trip, and I'm glad we did. We weren't going anywhere for a while after living in it for 300 days anyway. Choke Canyon SP in early November to get back at it. A trip to Pedernales Falls SP in July of 2022 started our new adventure as that is when we listed our house and all showings happened while camping. It was dry as a bone then too. Hardly a trickle at the falls and people walking all over the rocks there. Great park. I hope to see the falls falling one time.

Comment

Double post oops
              Last edited by DaveC; 08-19-2023, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                We parked ours after an early June trip, and I'm glad we did. We weren't going anywhere for a while after living in it for 300 days anyway. Choke Canyon SP in early November to get back at it. A trip to Pedernales Falls SP in July of 2022 started our new adventure as that is when we listed our house and all showings happened while camping. It was dry as a bone then too. Hardly a trickle at the falls and people walking all over the rocks there. Great park. I hope to see the falls falling one time.
                By the time we made it there we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves . Heat and drought are/were terrible.

back to Surfside (for a moment) - wholly tarballs- someone’s had a spill they got away with. Crazy amount of tar /oil on the beach and now on our feet.
                Last edited by DaveC; 08-18-2023, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Quick laugh- if you park your trailer on the beachside slot (I was second in but first slotter no-showed) you get to enjoy the all day festivities of cars and trucks getting pulled out of the thick stuff- that the lack of rain has made durn near impassable.

Attached Files

Comment

On another note- this Blackstone wanna be does not work worth a filp with a side wind. Had to finish burgers inside.
                    Attached Files

Comment

On another note- this Blackstone wanna be does not work worth a filp with a side wind. Had to finish burgers inside.
                      Put some tinfoil in the gap on the wind blown side. Works like a champ.

Comment

Hola from the Niagara Falls area!

SITREP from the campground... We're camped about an hour from Niagara in the middle of beautiful NY farm country. Hitting the falls first thing in the morning, riding the boat, and will likely drive over to Canada as well.

Currently sitting in my camp chair on the patio having a bourbon and people watching. This place is like Rednecks with Paychecks. My very large neighbor came out of his MH with a plate of food about 2:30 this afternoon as we were getting to our site and proceeded to sit in a lawn chair, eat his food, and stare at me sitting up camp. He watched every move. Talk about awkward....

It's a balmy 64 degrees and should hit 55 tonight. Y'all stay cool down there!

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                          Hola from the Niagara Falls area!

SITREP from the campground... We're camped about an hour from Niagara in the middle of beautiful NY farm country. Hitting the falls first thing in the morning, riding the boat, and will likely drive over to Canada as well.

Currently sitting in my camp chair on the patio having a bourbon and people watching. This place is like Rednecks with Paychecks. My very large neighbor came out of his MH with a plate of food about 2:30 this afternoon as we were getting to our site and proceeded to sit in a lawn chair, eat his food, and stare at me sitting up camp. He watched every move. Talk about awkward....

It's a balmy 64 degrees and should hit 55 tonight. Y'all stay cool down there!

Sounds like a great place to be.

Haha, too funny on the neighbor.
                          Makes you wonder what was going through his head.

Comment

Sounds like a great place to be.

Haha, too funny on the neighbor.
                            Makes you wonder what was going through his head.
                            Part of me wants to know what was in his head, the other part of me... not a chance in hades...

The Canadian side of Niagara is like a more multicultural Branson. And we got completely soaked on the boat! Way fun, though. Pics later.

Comment

A few pics. We had a great day.

The calm before the storm...we got completely soaked.

While we were waiting to get on the boat, I caught some vintage aircraft passing overhead.

Comment

Also hit Fort Niagara on Lake Ontario after the Falls. Very interesting history.

Just happened to catch some reenactors.

Looking across Lake Ontario from the fort. You can see Toronto in the distance.

Adjacent to Fort Niagara, is the smallest military installation I've ever seen... U.S. Coast Guard Station Niagara. That's Canada on the far side of the river.

And then this B&C beaver wanted to say adios to us as we were leaving Fort Niagara.

Last edited by kry226; 09-02-2023, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X