Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salty H20 2023 Thread- How Salty Will You Get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prettiest fish there is while in the water! Nicely done!

Comment

Kept 15 reds and 2 flounder today. Tossed one big oversized red back and a bunch of trashfish. One more day after ocean perch then back on them slabs!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        Kept 15 reds and 2 flounder today. Tossed one big oversized red back and a bunch of trashfish. One more day after ocean perch then back on them slabs!!
        Sounds like a good day on the water.

Comment

Wind has been brutal down here. Was able to get out for a couple hours Sunday morning. Birds were working and the trout were under them thick. Probably 8-10 keepers out of 30 or so fish, biggest probably 20” or so. Still trying to figure them out down here. I’ve caught them relating to shell and grass so far, but still lots to learn.

Comment

Went down south this last weekend to visit in-laws. My cousin called and asked if I wanted to fish Saturday evening. Couldn’t turn that down.

launched out of Arroyo City and headed north. Ended up with around 10 dinks, 5 rat reds, 1 slot red my little cousin caught, and a 25” trout I stuck.

wind was brutal, water was dirty, and full of floating grass, but we stretched some line. Being out there with my family was great and missed. Don’t do it often.
            Last edited by fish4food; 06-19-2023, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Pics
              Attached Files

Comment

Loftin and I will be headed back for our annual kayak trip July 17-21.. going to Rockport this time. Been to Matagorda Bay couple times, Galveston.. new scenery is always welcomed.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                  Loftin and I will be headed back for our annual kayak trip July 17-21.. going to Rockport this time. Been to Matagorda Bay couple times, Galveston.. new scenery is always welcomed.
                  Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                    Wind has been brutal down here. Was able to get out for a couple hours Sunday morning. Birds were working and the trout were under them thick. Probably 8-10 keepers out of 30 or so fish, biggest probably 20” or so. Still trying to figure them out down here. I’ve caught them relating to shell and grass so far, but still lots to learn.
                    WTG Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                      Hope that wind lays for yall! Just spent 7 days in north padre and the wind was brutal every day 20-25 every day with gusts over that on several days. We still caught fish but man I was over that wind. Had half the water blown out to chocolate milk buy 10 every morning. I couldn't imagine being in a yak! Lol
                      caught reds up to 33 and 2 trout over 24.

Comment

The SW wind has been challenging and I have had some tough days but I have also had some pretty decent days. The best advice I can give you for fishing those tough, windy SW wind days is to just make yourself stop and fish. Running spot to spot to spot hoping to find a miracle spot where the fish are eating probably isn't going to happen. Your best bet is often to slow way down and just fish

. Click image for larger version

Name:	619231c.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	26513687 Click image for larger version

Name:	619231.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	26513688 Click image for larger version

Name:	619231a.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	26513689 Click image for larger version

Name:	619231e.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	26513690 Click image for larger version

Name:	619231f.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	26513691 Click image for larger version

Name:	619234.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	26513692 Click image for larger version

Name:	619231b.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	26513693
                        Attached Files

Comment

Congrats Glenn! Solid Fish!

Comment

Well, that photo upload didn't work like I expected. I'm not sure how I messed that up on the pic sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                              Well, that photo upload didn't work like I expected. I'm not sure how I messed that up on the pic sizes.
                              They look good to me. What’s wrong with them? Congrats on the fish

Comment

Nice Glenn!!

Comment

Working...
                                X