Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get a backup wanted to transfer for playing time but the kids that start or get significant playing time is crazy.

The portal is bad for college football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Bama hit the portal button this evening

WR Traeshon Holden
      WR JoJo Earle
      WR Christian Leary
      OL Javion Cohen
      OL Tommy Brockermeyer
      OL Amari Kight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Not sure what happened to JOJO. Maybe he was too small for the SEC grind. If he has punt/kickoff return ability LSU could sure use his speed.

Comment

Calzada hit the portal. Jimbo can snag him up first if he hurries.

Comment

I just read that there are over 1000 players now in the portal

good grief

Comment

They've got to bring back the sit out a year when transferring, rule. Lol the portal is out of control and a lot of these kids won't get picked up. Allowing 18-22 year olds to make these kind of decisions with no real recourse probably wasnt the play.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
              They've got to bring back the sit out a year when transferring, rule. Lol the portal is out of control and a lot of these kids won't get picked up. Allowing 18-22 year olds to make these kind of decisions with no real recourse probably wasnt the play.

I thought it was one free one and the subsequent portal hits cost you a year.

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                Brockermeyer is no surprise and Earle is a surprise to me. Is there room for either on the Texas roster? Brockermeyer should have signed with Texas from day one.
                Like Heath said, the Brickermeyer’s burned that bridge. Earle has had some injuries and isn’t the same guy he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  It is but i like the sit a year regardless. At least make these kids put a little more thought into it.

Comment

Calzada entered last year and back in it again. What I read was he was expected to compete for a starting job wherever he ends up, making it sound like he would not have to sit out next year.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                      Calzada entered last year and back in it again. What I read was he was expected to compete for a starting job wherever he ends up, making it sound like he would not have to sit out next year.
                      Does coaching change factor into the equation? Or maybe he's a graduate?
                      From my understanding, kids (that have previously transferred) can still petition the NCAA for no one year penalty, and I think it's pretty much rubber stamped these days.
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Yeah, first one is immediate play. Second you have to sit out one year (unless you can get an exemption).

These types of transfers have been going on in the "lesser" college sports for years. My kid played college soccer and it was a free for all every year. Hard for a coach to build continuity in a program BUT if you needed to rebuild a program in a hurry, it sure was useful. I think that's what you'll see in football. Folks like Lincoln Riley and Deion at Colorado can make a team respectable in a hurry with the right guys from the portal. AND the right amount of NIL money.

Similar to the kids who leave early for the draft, I feel for the kids that have the wrong people in their ears. I remember an article after the first year of the transfer portal stating that 72% of the D1 football players who entered the portal that year, didn't get picked up by another D1 program. Some went to FCS or lower divisions but an amazingly high figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          From my understanding, kids (that have previously transferred) can still petition the NCAA for no one year penalty, and I think it's pretty much rubber stamped these days.
                          He can play immediately if he is a "Graduate Transfer" even though it's his second time in the portal. And yes, they can give exemptions as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            Yes, head coach change used to be an exemption and player could leave as well but not sure now.

Comment

I think I read he has 1 year left and his covid year for 2 total.. May be using his covid year to get the exemption.

Comment

Calzada is a grad transfer, according to Auburn's 247 page.
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X