Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
    The business model appears to be as follows:

1. Agree to a 60/40 split with RV owners.
    2. Keep 60% all the time while paying out 40% to RV owners about 20% of the time.
    3. Incur nearly zero operational costs by doing none of the agreed upon activities (check-ins, inspections, repairs, repos, etc).
    4. Wait until legal ramifications become ALMOST an issue, then notify RV owners (who are at wits end) they can come get their RV's.
    5. Make RV owners who are distraught an offer on their RV (they see this as a way out of the ordeal).
    6. Use the 60% collected plus the 40% he didn't pay the RV owners like 80% of the time to buy their RV for a discounted rate. Essentially paying the RV owner for their RV with the RV owners owed money while growing the fleet.

OF COURSE he's not paying people their 40% of the agreed upon rental fees because he's using those funds to purchase other owners RV's at discounted rates for his fleet..... I wouldn't sell that ****ing guy a bottle of water if his hair was on fire.
    I think you are spot on. I feel the same way. I wouldn't sell Ron ****.

Sent from my U304AA using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
      The business model appears to be as follows:

1. Agree to a 60/40 split with RV owners.
      2. Keep 60% all the time while paying out 40% to RV owners about 20% of the time.
      3. Incur nearly zero operational costs by doing none of the agreed upon activities (check-ins, inspections, repairs, repos, etc).
      4. Wait until legal ramifications become ALMOST an issue, then notify RV owners (who are at wits end) they can come get their RV's.
      5. Make RV owners who are distraught an offer on their RV (they see this as a way out of the ordeal).
      6. Use the 60% collected plus the 40% he didn't pay the RV owners like 80% of the time to buy their RV for a discounted rate. Essentially paying the RV owner for their RV with the RV owners owed money while growing the fleet.

OF COURSE he's not paying people their 40% of the agreed upon rental fees because he's using those funds to purchase other owners RV's at discounted rates for his fleet..... I wouldn't sell that ****ing guy a bottle of water if his hair was on fire.
      I think you pretty much nailed it.
      And if you think about it, if you have no morals, it's a genius plan!

Comment

Did you get the wire transfer?

Comment

I assume no wire came through.

What's your RV worth and what does he owe you? If your RV is really worth 15k and he owes you 5k for all the back rental fees then selling it to him is not a bad idea (assuming you actually ever get money).

Did you ever go see your RV in person? There's a chance he's just saying he will buy it to delay even longer. Saying "the check is in the mail" is an old trick but still works today.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            I assume no wire came through.

What's your RV worth and what does he owe you? If your RV is really worth 15k and he owes you 5k for all the back rental fees then selling it to him is not a bad idea (assuming you actually ever get money).

Did you ever go see your RV in person? There's a chance he's just saying he will buy it to delay even longer. Saying "the check is in the mail" is an old trick but still works today.
            No wire yet.
            NADA average is 23k. We owe 17k-ish.
            I completely understand and agree with your reasoning, but it's come down to principles now. The guy from Yelp did see my trailer.

As big of a pain this all is, I'm kinda ashamed to say that it's on the back burner for the moment. Life has ***** slapped me hard in the last few weeks.

Comment

You owe 17k on a trailer you don’t have in your possession? That’s a hard pill to swallow.

Comment

You have the patience of Job.

I would have been in jail already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get your trailer back?

Comment

Yall some nosy mf....

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                      Yall some nosy mf....

I see what you did there.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        Yall some nosy mf....

I’m glad someone finally said it.

Comment

Well, then the OP shouldn’t have posted at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 68rustbucket View Post

And I’m sure he’ll post again on his time frame. Dude has a tremendous amount on his plate right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 68rustbucket View Post

We don’t need (another) gatekeeper. [emoji851]
                              As RTP stated, I am betting this is waaaay far back in his mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                And I’m sure he’ll post again on his time frame. Dude has a tremendous amount on his plate right now.

No kidding

Comment

Working...
                                X