No announcement yet.

10 day demand letter help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So they are just outright purchasing the RV's from all the people they screwed. Interesting. I guess if they own all the RV's they are renting out than that takes out the part in the business that they couldn't handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      So they are just outright purchasing the RV's from all the people they screwed. Interesting. I guess if they own all the RV's they are renting out than that takes out the part in the business that they couldn't handle.

Strange he couldn’t back lease fees but has 20k for this trailer and however much yelp guy’s trailer was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably financing them, makes sense for him to get out of this jam.

Comment

Well. Sounds like ol Ron is trying to make it rite atleast. Good luck op.

Comment

Can't help but this that this might be a business model for the company.

Rent the camper out. Let contract expire. Exhaust the camper owner for months with frustrating situations of not paying rent, not knowing where the camper is located, and promising they'll get the camper back "on Friday". Once the owner is at their wits end... throw out a "reasonable" offer for the camper to add to their growing fleet of campers.

Comment

Hope you get it done.

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
              This is dragging out way longer than I ever thought it would.

Short answer ... RV is still on their lot. The driver that we had for Friday couldn't get there. Tina had given Ron a price to buy the trailer; he said he still wanted to buy it. The price was average NADA retail. We both agreed that without knowing the condition of the trailer, it was a calculated risk that we were willing to take to avoid who knows how much repair. Ron came up with all the cash, minus $3,250 and asked if he gave us the $20k that he had, if we would give him another 30 days to come up with the rest.

We're in the process of writing up a contract to do all of this, and including the past due rental payments. Part of that is him agreeing that he's 5 months past due and not 2.

This is definitely not the way I expected this to play out, but at this point, not knowing how good or bad this thing is, I'm willing to gamble that I'll come out ahead by just selling it to him. We're in the process of getting everything in a contract and then picking up a cashier's check for the down payment/holding fee of $20k.

Comment

I'd make it two deals.
                1st. - Pay what he owes you.
                2nd - Then make a deal to sell him the RV

Either way good luck. But you should get your RV off his lot while you can! Or somehow make a deal with detective and Ron that if the RV moves it's considered stolen. He can't claim some renter isn't returning it anymore.

Comment

Can you right up a owner financed contract where total cost you agree to is the 23,250 plus backed payments. Then you get a 20k down payment, then any payment from there more than 10 days late means he defaults on the loan and then you can take possession of the trailer back and keep his 20k. Not sure if there’s state laws re: this strict of terms but that’s about best case scenario in my mind if you want to just offload the trailer.

Edit: obviously best case scenario is he just pays in full but doesn’t sound like that’s currently an option.
                  Last edited by Gclyde28; 10-24-2022, 04:57 PM.

Comment

I would go get the trailer and when all funds are paid, sign over the title and release the trailer. Ron already has a bad track record of making payments.

Comment

Originally posted by 68rustbucket View Post
                      I would go get the trailer and when all funds are paid, sign over the title and release the trailer. Ron already has a bad track record of making payments.
                      This seems to be the "safest" route.

Comment

Update?

Comment

It's no surprise that they didn't respond to the complaint I filed with the BBB.

We're supposed to get a call from their bank, today, to get the $20k wired to us.

We shall see.

Comment

Wow. What a crazy situation. Glad it has improved for you. You all have certainly handled your share of life challenges.....and may I say you have handled them very well! Prayers for you and the family on many fronts. Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                              It's no surprise that they didn't respond to the complaint I filed with the BBB.

We're supposed to get a call from their bank, today, to get the $20k wired to us.

We shall see.
                              I’d request a cashiers check at the bank in person.

Comment

The business model appears to be as follows:

1. Agree to a 60/40 split with RV owners.
                                2. Keep 60% all the time while paying out 40% to RV owners about 20% of the time.
                                3. Incur nearly zero operational costs by doing none of the agreed upon activities (check-ins, inspections, repairs, repos, etc).
                                4. Wait until legal ramifications become ALMOST an issue, then notify RV owners (who are at wits end) they can come get their RV's.
                                5. Make RV owners who are distraught an offer on their RV (they see this as a way out of the ordeal).
                                6. Use the 60% collected plus the 40% he didn't pay the RV owners like 80% of the time to buy their RV for a discounted rate. Essentially paying the RV owner for their RV with the RV owners owed money while growing the fleet.

OF COURSE he's not paying people their 40% of the agreed upon rental fees because he's using those funds to purchase other owners RV's at discounted rates for his fleet..... I wouldn't sell that ****ing guy a bottle of water if his hair was on fire.
                                Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 11-01-2022, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X