Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone every bought a car with a salvage title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone every bought a car with a salvage title?

So I found an older car at auction it was in a mild accident in the rear quarter panel and because it's a 90's car the ins just wrote it off because it's not worth a whole lot to begin with. I am sure it will need some work but good news it's not a foreign car with lots of computers so I can work on it!

I guess my questions is. Has anyone bought a car with a pink salvage title from an auction. I guess when you register it you get a blue title. Any special inspections or pit falls I should look out for?

I passed up a good looking ‘99 4-runner because of a salvage title… couldn’t convince the wife it was still worth the money.

Insurance can be a pain, but it really is on a car by car basis as to wether or not it is a good decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve bought 3 of them. It’s not really any different than any other title. Just shows you own it.

The risk is in buying something that’s been totaled by an insurance company. It may or may not be a good deal for you. If it’s something you want insurance on beyond liability maybe check with your insurance company first. As far as the title goes, it’s not an issue.
      Last edited by AntlerCollector; 03-25-2022, 07:48 AM.

Comment

bought one before but not from auction. Checked it out on Carfax where it showed that it should not have been totaled. Vehicle handled fine so I bought it. Never an issue.

Comment

Working...
        X