X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Tuesday)

Daily Bible Portion - 3 of 7
    "HE SENT"

(Weekly Reading>>Genesis 32:4-36:43, Obadiah 1:1-21, 1 Peter 1:9-2:12)

The prophets in 1 Peter 1:9-12 looked forward to our day – meaning we are the salvation of their souls – thus they walked in obedience to Yeshua not only for their walk but for ours as well, as we are their inheritance – the salvation of their souls and future generations. The prophets understood that we, who are in Yeshua, are the inheritors of the blood Covenant Yeshua made with Abraham. Because the prophets were in Yeshua (spirit/power) and walked in His principles (gospel/truth/authority) they could see our day, as the Promise was to the Seed of Abraham that keeps the ways of Yahweh. It is the same with us. When the generations walk in Yeshua’s Torah principles (Spirit and truth in power and authority) and pass these on to the next generations, we literally are looking at the salvation of our souls to a thousand generations (Galatians 3:16).

Deuteronomy 7:9 "From this you can know that the Lord your God is indeed God, the faithful God, who keeps his covenant and extends grace to those who love him and keep his comandments, to a thousand generations."

Psalm 105:8-10 “He remembers His Covenant FOREVER, the word he commanded, for a thousand generations, the Covenant He made with Abraham, the oath He swore to Isaac. He confirmed it to Jacob as a decree, to Israel as an everlasting Covenant.”

1 Chronicles 16:15-17 Remember his covenant FOREVER, the word that he commanded, for a thousand generations, the covenant that he made with Abraham, his sworn promise to Isaac, which he confirmed as a statute to Jacob, as an everlasting covenant to Israel,

Deuteronomy 6:1-2, 6-9 “These are the commands, decrees and laws Yahweh your God/Elohim directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, so that you, your children and their children after them may fear Yahweh your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.”

A New Walk

Like Jacob, it is time for us to meet our Creator and deal with our past. We must leave behind all idols and beliefs of the heart that are opposed to our Bridegroom’s lifestyle and not look back. This may include idols such as lusts, material hunger, social status or issues of pride. Some may be dealing with old memories of past hurts that have caused the heart to form scar tissue with unyielding walls of unforgiveness within. Issues such as wounds unhealed from false accusations or verbal abuse can lead to a victim mentality. All these cause imprisonment that can impede the believer with a complex flow of fears, stress, anxieties and guilt.

If these issues are not looked after in a right way they in turn can lead to physical or spiritual diseases. Unforgiveness invites a bitterroot spirit that manifests as accusation against self and/or other people. These intense emotions can be stored in the depths of the heart for years. They can cause emotional outbursts of fear, control, jealousy, defense, hatred, accusation and discord. If unattended, they can lead to physical illnesses and even death. Some people out of the need to be safe often become driven obsessives. This entraps them and turns the lives of others around them into lives of servitude in order to keep the peace. This all colors our world causing behaviors and words that bring division instead of healing. Becoming indentured to dishonor (sin) as Jacob had, is called the fruit of the sinful nature. In order to heal, we need to take responsibility for the dishonoring conduct (all of our past hurts) and repent. Yeshua said, “It is finished!” (John 19:30).

Revelation 2:5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.

Sadly, there are many whose hearts have such deeply seated issues that they are not willing to let go, electing instead to keep these secrets hidden deep within. Does our heart hold peace, tenderness and joy or does it yield bitter scar tissue that is allowed to continue? Have we become so fear based and controlling of our lives that we have replaced Yeshua’s guidance for a substitute way of life? Do we walk in denial and suppress it with a work ethic of perfectionism? Are we foolish enough to think that these hurt areas can be well hidden or even forgotten? All this perverts and prevents Yeshua from transforming stony hearts into hearts of flesh. Will we forsake all these repressed areas to follow after Him, the Savior of our soul?

To those who have yet to experience life at the altar, or to those who do not yet desire to let go (forgive and forget), you cannot fully enter into true redemption, which leads to healing in the Messiah, until you do. It is time to forgive and let go. Yeshua died to take the pain of all those memories and past hurts away. He did this so He can redeem what was lost of Him in us. There is hope. Like Jacob, it is time for us to meet our Creator and deal with our past. New life is found there. This is the new wineskin for the new wine. Life is only found in Yeshua[The Word made Flesh]. The sooner we understand and believe this, the sooner we can have liberty and true life. We must join Jacob at the river and wrestle out the old nature within us to enter into this new life Yeshua died to offer us the delivery that leads to the salvation of our soul – the goal of our faith.

Romans 7:5 "For when we were living according to our old nature, the passions connected with sins worked through the Torah in our various parts, with the result that we bore fruit for death."

Romans 7:18 “I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.”

Romans 8:8 “Those controlled by the sinful[lawless] nature cannot please God.”

Romans 8:13-14 “For if you live according to the sinful[lawless, 1 John 3:4] nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit[Word of God] you put to death the misdeeds[lawless deeds] of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.”

John 6:63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The WORDS that I have spoken to you are SPIRIT and life."

1 John 3:4 "Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness."

Galatians 6:8 "Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful [lawless] desires will harvest the consequences of decay and death. But those who live to please the Spirit [Word/Instruction] will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit[The Words/Jesus]."

Deuteronomy 32:9 “For Yahweh’s portion is His people; Jacob[Israel] is the place of His inheritance.”

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X