Affordable Axis/Hog Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affordable Axis/Hog Hunts

saw this on craigslist. messaged him. two places. 1 is 40ac and other is 25ac. 2 hunter minimum, 2 day minimum. each place has cabin, can take 1 axis and unlimited hogs. has blinds and feeders. have to use his blinds, no making brush blinds. said they run thru October then start back up in January.

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
    https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/sp...205910280.html

saw this on craigslist. messaged him. two places. 1 is 40ac and other is 25ac. 2 hunter minimum, 2 day minimum. each place has cabin, can take 1 axis and unlimited hogs. has blinds and feeders. have to use his blinds, no making brush blinds. said they run thru October then start back up in January.
    Do you have the guy’s name? Googled him or tried to run references?

My guess is that you would be spending$150 each plus gas and food for 2 days looking at rocks and cedar...but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Do you have the guy’s name? Googled him or tried to run references?

My guess is that you would be spending$150 each plus gas and food for 2 days looking at rocks and cedar...but I could be wrong.
      first name and phone number. i asked for references. he said in order to protect the privacy of his hunters, he couldnt give out references. said one place butts up to a larger ranch thats low fence and the other one is surrounded by other smaller places.

Comment

did some more looking...believe i will pass.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
          first name and phone number. i asked for references. he said in order to protect the privacy of his hunters, he couldnt give out references. said one place butts up to a larger ranch thats low fence and the other one is surrounded by other smaller places.
          Post his name to see if anybody knows him.

There are lots and lots of 25-100 ac small tracts in that area with lots of hunters. I would be skeptical, but there may be deer passing through. I would want to check him out!

Comment

Heck of a deal just to go stay that cheap on that area for the weekend.

Comment

Post his name to see if anybody knows him.

There are lots and lots of 25-100 ac small tracts in that area with lots of hunters. I would be skeptical, but there may be deer passing through. I would want to check him out!
              Texas Hill Country Day hunts on facebook
              armando 210-387-4044

Comment

Here is some discussion on his hunts on another forum:

East of Rocksprings on 41. Armando Morales III is the outfitter. 210-387-4044.Anyone do a hunt with him? Ad says $150.00 for a 3 day hunt which includes lodging. Doe OR BUCK!! seems too good to be real. 210 387 4044

Comment

Here is some discussion on his hunts on another forum:

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/...Day_Axis_Hunts
                  Awesome job finding this...

Comment

TBH is quick to identify poachers and scams! Wanna keep on the good side here.

Comment

I have seen a ton of negative stuff about these hunts on facebook. Some even claiming he is hunting on other peoples properties that he doesn't have permission to be on.

Comment

It is interesting, Sambo, that he does not have any pictures of animals killed on his FB pages; just the same few recycled pictures which could be from anywhere.

I would be hesitant to spend any money or time at his place, just based on the “feel” from his Facebook page and the comments in the the other forum.

Comment

It is interesting, Sambo, that he does not have any pictures of animals killed on his FB pages; just the same few recycled pictures which could be from anywhere.

I would be hesitant to spend any money or time at his place, just based on the “feel” from his Facebook page and the comments in the the other forum.
                          Yea. When he said he doesn't provide references or kill photos to protect his customers privacy....I was out

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X