X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Tuesday)

Daily Bible Portion - 3 of 7
    "YOM TERUAH - DAY OF TRUMPETS"

(Weekly Reading>>Genesis 21:1-34, Numbers 29:1-6, 1 Samuel 1:1-2:10, 1 Thessalonians 4: 16-17, 1 Corinthians 15:50-57, Revelation 11:15-19:10)

Tears of Myrrh

Yeshua returns to a quiet garden on the Mount of Olives, yearning for comfort this evening. But this night the garden offers only anguish and solitude. Bruised under the weight of agony, Yeshua earnestly prays. Beads of sweat, mingled with blood from His pores fall upon the earth. Alone, Yeshua prays,

“If Thou be willing, remove this cup from Me” (Luke 22:42, 44). His heart aches with a dying love for His bride. Is there any other possible way besides death? He questions Abba. Yahweh knows the deep friendship He once enjoyed with man in the Garden of Eden can only be recaptured if He lays down His life for him. With unconditional acceptance, Yeshua trusts His Father’s decision and says, “Nevertheless, not My will but Thine, be done.”

Psalms 40:8 "I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."

During the Messiah’s final agonizing hours in Gethsemane, the weight of the world’s sins crushed our Savior like a winepress, causing Him to sweat great tears of blood. His bitter suffering can be compared to myrrh, a highly-prized spice used for perfumes and incense, extracted by piercing the tree’s heartwood and allowing the gum to trickle out and harden into bitter, aromatic red droplets called tears.

The Cup of the New Covenant

“Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, ‘This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is shed for you’” (Luke 22:20).

“Behold, the days are coming, says Yahweh, when I will make a new covenant with the House of Israel and with the House of Judah not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says Yahweh. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says Yahweh: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their El, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know Yahweh,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says Yahweh. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more” (Jeremiah 31:31-34; Hebrews 8:8-10).

The prospective Hebrew bridegroom pops the question by pouring a cup of wine for his beloved, and then anxiously awaits her response to his proposal. If she sips from the Kiddush (sanctification) cup, she shows her willingness to enter this union by saying yes to his proposal. Their shared cup of wine at a betrothal ceremony called B’rit (covenant) symbolizes the sealing of their marriage covenant in blood. The betrothed couple, for all legal purposes, is married.

We see Yeshua drinking from the B’rit cup with His disciples after the last meal, sealing the marriage covenant with His bride. Lifting the cup with His right hand, the Messiah recites the blessing over the wine. As the True Vine speaks, He blesses the fruit of His Father’s vine and praises the Creator for His bride – His choice fruit. He continues saying,

“Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins”(Matthew 26:27-28).

Yeshua invites all believers to say yes to His proposal and share in this cup, so that all who choose may become His promised bride.

To Die For

“So when Yeshua had received the sour wine, He said, ‘It is finished!’ And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit” (John 19:30).

It is finished. Fitting words spoken from a bridegroom to his bride. In Hebrew, the root word for finish is ka’lal, (complete, make perfect, or finish). It also shares the same root for kallah (bride). With Yeshua’s final and dying words, He sealed the marriage covenant to His beloved with His blood.

The Ketubah

The wedding celebration is comprised of two separate ceremonies: the kiddushin, or betrothal, and nissuin, or nuptials. In a traditional betrothal, the engaged couple enters into a covenant with the signing of the Ketubah. In this marriage covenant are the terms of their agreement, such as the bride price and provisions the bridegroom agrees to make for her (including food, clothing and conjugal rights), and also names the wife as the heir to the estate, should he die. The Ketubah is read aloud for all to hear of their mutual devotion toward one another.

Moses received the Torah in Exodus 24.

“Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded, ‘We will do everything Yahweh has said; we will obey.’”

Properly signed and witnessed, the document is given to the bride, and she is instructed to keep it with her at all times, since there can be no marital relations if it is lost or destroyed. Just as a bride cherishes her beautiful Ketubah for its rich promises, the Bride of Yeshua cherishes her Ketubah, the Bible (Genesis to Revelation), full of promises from our Bridegroom. He promising to take care of us, not only spiritually, but also physically, when we enter into a covenant with Him (Jeremiah 31:31-34; Hebrews 8:8-10).

The Two Witnesses

“And I will give power unto my two witnesses and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth” (Revelation 11:3).

Prophetically, Yahweh divided Israel into the House of Judah, the Southern Kingdom, and the House of Israel Ephraim, the Northern Kingdom. Both houses went into captivity, Ephraim to Assyria, and 125 years later, Judah to Babylon. Only Judah returned to the land while Ephraim was assimilated into the culture of the Assyrians and scattered across the face of the earth into all the nations. Many believers today may be a part of the Twelve Tribes of Israel and not know it!

Just as two witnesses are required as eyewitnesses to the betrothal and to sign the Ketubah, Ephraim and Judah make up Israel, the one true bride of the Messiah. Both serve as witnesses and give testimony to what Yahweh has done in the past and is doing now to bring about His kingdom on this earth. All true believers are a part of Israel (Zechariah 4; Rev. 11:4).

Today, Jews (house of Judah) and Christians (house of Israel/Ephraim) are finding common ground in the Scriptures to begin the reunification of the ancient House of Jacob/Israel. Once reunified, Yeshua’s bride will be brought back to Zion where we can enter into the Promised Land, ready to meet our Heavenly Bridegroom.

As you spend time with the Beloved, ask for a deeper revelation of who you are in Him. Ponder whether you have become like Ephraim as so many in the Church today have become, by turning away from their Hebraic roots and chasing after the pagan ways of the world. Or, are you like Judah and have guarded Yahweh’s laws in your heart but are blind to the advancing light and the revelation Messiah Yeshua is revealing in these last days? Selah…think on this.

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X