No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a beautiful day. My wife got up and cooked me breakfast before she left for work and I am enjoying cup 2 of some great coffee.

Comment

Here and kicking, April, ye ha that means Turkey Hunting!!!!!!

Comment

Still here. Happy April Fools' Day.

Comment

good morning. played 18 holes yeserday afternoon shot even on the fron and had a melt down on the back and shot 6 over oh well thats why i dont get paid to play

Comment

back to the top

Back to page one. Its almost lunch time. Going to go see about new limbs, and a new string. Jason Slocum

Comment

Howdy all. The weekend is gettin closer!

Comment

My bow can beat up your bow threads tickle me. Also, I have a severe case of spring fever today.

Comment

Another CrossFit workout behind me. I only thought my instructor was sadistic. Today....I think I have confirmation.

The quote I heard in class today.... "Crossfit is for the crazy." So, I guess that it just makes ME craz'ier'!

Comment

I just had lunch with my good friend, Heath! Great to see you, bud! Thanks for lunch.

Michael
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      I just had lunch with my good friend, Heath! Great to see you, bud! Thanks for lunch.

Michael
                      Fun!! Let's go to SmokePit again soon Heath!!

Hi Michael!

Comment

Just checking in!

Comment

We fried a bunch of blue cat, hush puppies, pickles, and jalapenos for the whole shop and a few customers.......I think I detected just a hint of gizzard!

Comment

lol, thats funny

Comment

Afternoon all!

Well the spring turkey scene changed 100% from last week to this week. The Gobblers aren't strutting like they were, tailing hens, and fanning uncontrollably. Yesterday I noticed several flocks of hens alone on the feed. Further off in the distance, groups of gobblers and jakes feeding in various groups. The difference, they are absolutely seperated doing their own thing.

The more I study these guys the more I realize the best turkey hunting is way earlier than what the legal hunting season entails in my neck of the woods. Don't know why things went hot on for 2 straight weeks to a slight trickle now but...it's night and day.

From the exotic front....the Blackbucks are now fawning and in spite of the semi-drought conditions, a lot of youngsters are out and about.

The whitetail herd is now absolutely hornless. It's hard to distinguish at distance, does from bucks unless you have a few grouped together...then size matters.

Here's a skin head buck on the move

Finally spotted the big boy...he's keeping a watchful eye on a few does with fawns. It's been a long time since I've seen him....wondered if he had died or suffered something else. Healthy as heck!!!

Fawns and velvet next.

Comment

Great pics Rob! Gracias mi amigo.

Comment

Working...
                                X