Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are they worth??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What are they worth??

    What are these worth and where could I sell them? My Aunts husband passed away and she wants to get rid of them. Pm me if you’re interested.

    #2

    Comment


      #3

      Comment


        #4
        Just sent you a PM

        Comment


          #5
          The duck and goose you can't sell because they are federally managed. The deer you could get $50 for maybe.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by junior View Post
            What are these worth and where could I sell them? My Aunts husband passed away and she wants to get rid of them. Pm me if you’re interested.
            A fine and possible jail time.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by gander View Post
              The duck and goose you can't sell because they are federally managed. The deer you could get $50 for maybe.
              Really? I never knew that. It’s a dead animal, that’s pretty dumb.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by junior View Post

                Really? I never knew that. It’s a dead animal, that’s pretty dumb.
                It’s beyond stupid. But the government owns everything. You are just allowed temporary custody.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by gander View Post
                  The duck and goose you can't sell because they are federally managed.
                  I’m not sure this is true.

                  Edit: I stand corrected, learn something new every day

                  Individuals can not sell migratory waterfowl mounts or otherwise under the Migratory Bird Act. A couple narrow exceptions exist only for properly marked captive-reared waterfowl: These include: Taxidermist w/ Federal permit may sell mounts of properly marked captive-reared waterfowl. 50 CFR 21.24(c)(2) Holder of a Waterfowl Sale and Disposal permit may sell properly marked captive-reared waterfowl. 50 CFR 21.25(a) Anyone may sell properly marked captive-reared Mallard ducks without a permit. 50 CFR 21.13 -Definition of properly marked is at 50 CFR 21.13(b), and states that before the bird is 6 weeks old, it must be marked in one of the following ways: hind toe clipped from r. foot, pinioning of a wing, banding with a seamless metal band, or tattoo on one foot​
                  Last edited by Greenheadless; 06-20-2024, 09:12 AM.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    It's true. Migratory Bird Treaty Act (16 U.S.C. 703-712) of 1918.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      • Any person may possess, purchase, sell, barter, or transport for the making of fishing flies, bed pillows, and mattresses, and for similar commercial uses the feathers of migratory waterfowl (ducks, geese, brant, and swans) killed by hunting pursuant to this part, or seized and condemned by Federal or State game authorities, except that:

                        (a) No person shall purchase, sell, barter, or offer to purchase, sell, or barter for millinery or ornamental use the feathers of migratory game birds taken under authority of this part; and

                        (b) No person shall purchase, sell, barter, or offer to purchase, sell, or barter mounted specimens of migratory game birds taken under authority of this part.

                        [38 FR 22021, Aug. 15, 1973, as amended at 45 FR 70275, Oct. 23, 1980]

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Give the ducks away for free. Maybe someone would feel led to show their appreciation with a random gift card at a later time.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          • Any person may possess, purchase, sell, barter, or transport for the making of fishing flies, bed pillows, and mattresses, and for similar commercial uses the feathers of migratory waterfowl (ducks, geese, brant, and swans) killed by hunting pursuant to this part, or seized and condemned by Federal or State game authorities, except that:

                            (a) No person shall purchase, sell, barter, or offer to purchase, sell, or barter for millinery or ornamental use the feathers of migratory game birds taken under authority of this part; and

                            (b) No person shall purchase, sell, barter, or offer to purchase, sell, or barter mounted specimens of migratory game birds taken under authority of this part.

                            [38 FR 22021, Aug. 15, 1973, as amended at 45 FR 70275, Oct. 23, 1980]
                          I didn't know this. I wonder how Bass Pro Shops and other places get all their mounts?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Give the ducks away for free. Maybe someone would feel led to show their appreciation with a random gift card at a later time.
                            a "donation"

                            Comment


                              #15
                              For sale or trade.....unique piece of driftwood. Must remove former flying specimen at your cost

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X