No announcement yet.

Another which HD diesel truck between Ford and GM only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm interested to see what you end up buying and why.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
      I'm interested to see what you end up buying and why.
      Workin on a chibby 2500 lwb LT duramax ! Ford is still having issues , chibby is still having issues, ram … well , plenty of issues there! Best extended warranty for the best price at chibby. Fords are few and far between and pricier ! As it’s been said , it’s all a crapshoot so I’ll warranty up, drive it for 5 yrs then get another one ! Also/ all the crap about dodge and chibby going back to the CP3 pump is bs! The 2500 lwb has a dream ride ! I drove a 3500 but it felt very heavy in the front end and rode like it had square tires on it! My 16’ f350 rode much mo bedduh than this 3500!

Comment

21’ Chevrolet with 90k miles, no major problems yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post

Workin on a chibby 2500 lwb LT duramax ! Ford is still having issues , chibby is still having issues, ram … well , plenty of issues there! Best extended warranty for the best price at chibby. Fords are few and far between and pricier ! As it’s been said , it’s all a crapshoot so I’ll warranty up, drive it for 5 yrs then get another one ! Also/ all the crap about dodge and chibby going back to the CP3 pump is bs! The 2500 lwb has a dream ride ! I drove a 3500 but it felt very heavy in the front end and rode like it had square tires on it! My 16’ f350 rode much mo bedduh than this 3500!
          Whoever buys a used Chebby or Ford deserves what they get I guess. I dang sure wouldn't even think about it. Maybe a few years down the road with no one wanting to take a chance on a used truck the manufacturers will up their quality. ....... No, not a chance.

Comment

Good luck with the Chibby. BIL has a 2023 Chevy with 19k miles. It’s been in the shop for 1/3 of the time he has owned it. Literally for months at a time. Transmission and cooling system issues. He bought a used truck to use when his $90 new truck is in the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
              Good luck with the Chibby. BIL has a 2023 Chevy with 19k miles. It’s been in the shop for 1/3 of the time he has owned it. Literally for months at a time. Transmission and cooling system issues. He bought a used truck to use when his $90 new truck is in the shop.
              Why thank you! I certainly appreciate it ! This can be said for any new truck or vehicle on the market! But thanks again , you’re Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post

Whoever buys a used Chebby or Ford deserves what they get I guess. I dang sure wouldn't even think about it. Maybe a few years down the road with no one wanting to take a chance on a used truck the manufacturers will up their quality. ....... No, not a chance.
                Thank you also ! You are number 2 on the Awesome scale for tonight
                even though this is brand new! I guess I am ate up with the dumbarse - thanks for putting me in my place

Comment

Good choice in the chevy IMO. The LT trim is perfect, too. Nice but not over the top.

Comment

Cummins 6.7 is vastly superior in older trucks. My 2012 is a beast.

Comment

A buddy of mine drove his new 2024 GMC (top of the line- 3500 sw swb) home only to have the radio go out day one.
                      They put a new potato chip in it and it's been fine ever since. (come to think of it he was in his wife's car last night ).

Anywho- he said it's a smooth ride and getting 17's back and forth to work.
                      It replaced his 2017 GMC 2500 that was having injector and dpf/def code issues- which replaced his previous GMC (2012ish) that was having issues........
                      I guess he likes him some GMC.

I'm not brand loyal- but have no faith in 3rd time being a charm...., I hope this one last him for ever and ever problem free.

Is there any merit in leasing one for ~2 years then deciding if it is the one to keep after the "trial" period?
                      (I've never leased, just curious if that's a path not to get stuck with a dealership queen).

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        Cummins 6.7 is vastly superior in older trucks. My 2012 is a beast.
                        Decent motor. Terrible transmission

Comment

Good question, in for an answer.

Comment

I had read some bad reports on mileage for the 24’s last night and the papers hadn’t been signed yet so I panicked ! My peepers popped open at 4 this morning wide awake and my wobbly dain bramaged gears were turning so I started researching fords and even dodges ! I found some really decent deals on dodges that were available but when I started researching them it didn’t take long to back …No, run away from that idea ( in all honesty). The last two years haven’t been good at all for dodge , ford or chibby! I searched for Fords but all I could find were short beds and extremely high prices. I did more research on Fords also but as I stated in the OP the big three are just throwing poop at each other and they all Can have their issues. The reports on unloaded fuel mileage for the chibby were 15.5 driving good and 13.5 average hwy! I made my purchase so it is what it is lol. To my surprise in A 50 Mile run home including stops and starts in Victoria and in hallettsville and running 70-77 with putting my foot to the floor to pass several vehicles my average was 18.5 and still climbing. Now, I don’t have my hd bumpers , tool box w/ tools , cab steps ( it’s a long step out with my chort legs lol! But I still think it’s going to climb especially since it isn't broke in . I’ve got 6 yrs and 100,000 miles to figure out if it will be a keeper! If not, I’ll do something else!

I’m not dogging any of the big 3’s even the ram 😜

I figure it’s an even playing field until price and availability steps into the equation - ram and chibby easily win over ford in that aspect. I’m a FORD man by heart or was.. I think I’ve gotten to the point that whatever I purchase at that time is what I will be partial to. Until it breaks down lol.
                            Last edited by Bucknaked; 06-21-2024, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Dodge with Aisin trans are bulletproof if deleted, I’ve had 2 and only changed the engine oil at 10,000, fuel filters 30,000-40,000. No maintenance on anything else, and only washed the vehicles maybe 2-3 times since purchased. 😂 saying all this I might go buy a GMC duramax dually in the near future, just want to try something else.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                                Dodge with Aisin trans are bulletproof if deleted, I’ve had 2 and only changed the engine oil at 10,000, fuel filters 30,000-40,000. No maintenance on anything else, and only washed the vehicles maybe 2-3 times since purchased. 😂 saying all this I might go buy a GMC duramax dually in the near future, just want to try something else.
                                Has Ram started putting that transmission in anything other than a 1 ton?

Comment

Working...
                                X