Gateway church.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    They need to start prosecuting those who have knowledge and don't report it to authorities as well, IMO they're almost as bad as the perp they're covering for.
    Agreed 100%. You, as in any human being, is a “mandatory reporter” and there is no exception for clergy. This means under Texas law, anyone who has knowledge of abuse is required to report it.

im not sure what the legal teeth are to this law, if there is any jail time or fines imposed for not reporting.

but I can assure you, something happens to my kids by a church leader and I find out he’s been accused previously at a different church and all they did was send him packing, you can rest assured they will be sued along with the current church.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Agreed 100%. You, as in any human being, is a “mandatory reporter” and there is no exception for clergy. This means under Texas law, anyone who has knowledge of abuse is required to report it.

im not sure what the legal teeth are to this law, if there is any jail time or fines imposed for not reporting.

but I can assure you, something happens to my kids by a church leader and I find out he’s been accused previously at a different church and all they did was send him packing, you can rest assured they will be sued along with the current church.
      This is how it should be…but with autonomous churches there is no way to police it.

Gateway is its own church and has no hierarchy or accountability…not to mention what they teach/preach is wack.

morris son has now taken over the preaching

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post

This is how it should be…but with autonomous churches there is no way to police it.

Gateway is its own church and has no hierarchy or accountability…not to mention what they teach/preach is wack.

Because, organized religion has such a stellar track record on the subject of accountability………

Comment

Yeah that didn’t work out so well in the Catholic Church, where all that structure did exist.

maybe the issue isn’t in the structure? 🧐

Comment

Not always, but sometimes the structure works. I was a member of a Methodist church with a young charismatic pastor. One Sunday the bishop showed up in the pulpit to inform the congregation that our pastor had been removed and was in the process of having his credentials jerked because he was banging a married woman he was counseling. It was quite a shock as he was well liked but apparently the woman in question went to the bishop instead of church leadership.

Comment

I’m not a huge podcast guy but the few I listen to are bowhunting or Christian related. This one is a great one to listen to that addresses this topic.
              Listen to this episode from Faith and Friction Podcast on Spotify. ✨ Join us as we tackle the challenging topic of navigating church scandals that have become all too prevalent in today's world. We candidly discuss the impact of these scandals in church communities, explore strategies for addressing them with integrity, and offer guidance on finding spiritual resilience amidst turmoil. Whether you're a believer grappling with disillusionment or simply curious about the dynamics at play, this episode offers valuable perspectives and practical insights. Tune in now and join the conversation as we strive to navigate the complexities of faith with honesty and compassion. Don't forget to share this episode with your friends and family, as we believe these conversations are essential for fostering understanding and healing within our church communities. ⛪️ 🙏 ✨ #faithandfrictionpodcast --- Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/faithandfriction/support

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

Because, organized religion has such a stellar track record on the subject of accountability………
                I never mentioned organized religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Yeah that didn’t work out so well in the Catholic Church, where all that structure did exist.

maybe the issue isn’t in the structure? 🧐
                  I do not consider the Catholic Church to be biblical. Should be no surprise at all of the evil there.

when humanity is involved expect chaos…but I am a bit jaded also….and I pastor a church lol.

sin should be rooted out and exposed…not hidden and covered up

Comment

sin should be rooted out and exposed…not hidden and covered up
                    Absolutely, and the outrage needs to be directed at the offenders. Not at all churches lumped together as one. There are many good churches, find one where you can get to know the pastor personally.

Comment

This happened to my home town church as well. Previous church he was at let him off the hook and the cycle continues. So frustrating. Even our church ignored complaints. Forgiveness is one thing but how they can turn their backs on kids is despicable.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                        This happened to my home town church as well. Previous church he was at let him off the hook and the cycle continues. So frustrating. Even our church ignored complaints. Forgiveness is one thing but how they can turn their backs on kids is despicable.
                        They don't want the bad publicity so sweep it under the rug and hope nobody notices.

Comment

Shoot, a church should be jumping for joy at the chance to get rid of pedo’s. Not embarrassed or afraid.

Comment

Working...
                          X